cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
islam_009
Level 1

HQ and Remote Store quantities mis-match

I have a problem with inventory quantities mismatch between HQ and remote store for example:
Remote Store workstation says it have 6
HQ Workstation says that the remote store have 10
Remote store actually have 10 
I solve this problem by removing the bond between the two workstations and make it again and do store exchange cycle but unfortunately it happens again and again
Could anyone tell me what is the problem?

9 Comments 9
RCV
QuickBooks Team
QuickBooks Team

Hi there, islam_009.

It's possible there's a connection problem between your Headquarters (HQ) and Remote stores. Let's try switching the Store Exchange Communication Method to refresh the connection.

Here's how:

1. Click File on the top menu.
  2. Select Preferences, then click Company.
  3. Choose Multi-Store and Store Exchange.
  4. Take note of the current preference.
  5. Select Not Used for each store and click Save.
  6. Re-open the Company Preferences window. Just go to File > Company Preferences > Multi-Store > Store Exchange.
  7. Re-enter the original company preference for each store's communication method and click Save.
  8. Perform another cycle of Store Exchange. Just click Stores, then choose Send File.

If the same thing happens, it would be best to contact our Point of Sale (POS) Technical Team. They'll further investigate what's causing this issue and help you match the inventory quantities between HQ and Remote store.

You can reach them in QuickBooks POS, just click Help on the top menu. Choose Contact us, then follow the onscreen instructions.

I found a helpful article for more details about troubleshooting store exchange errors: https://community.intuit.com/articles/1764960.

You can always visit the Community if you need anything else.

Hq1
Level 1

We have the exact same issue and are using quickbooks to exchange our reports. Our most recent count was 270 items incorrect. We are confirming the file sent and file received but once it loads it makes the count incorrect on items. Example we had 10 widgets and transferred five widgets it moves 5 out of hq but shows 8 in remote store when they had 0 before transfer. 

Angelyn_T
QuickBooks Team

Thank you for adding a post here on the Community page, @Hq1.

Let's check this further why your items are incorrect.

Have you tried refreshing the connection with the headquarters and the remote store? If not, I'd suggest following the steps provided by my colleague RCV above. However, if you've already tried performing the steps, you can have your Point of Sale Store Exchange configured.

For further details, you can check these articles:

It would also be best to get in touch with our Support Team to check this further securely. For the support's contact information, you may check it here: Point of Sale Support.

Let me know if you have any other QuickBooks questions, I'll be always here to help you. Wishing you the best!

Revscott
Level 4

Believe it or not, timing for the sending and receiving of the files between the stores can be kind of critical.

You need to make sure the remotes have sent their files, and HQ has received them, before HQ sends out to the remotes.

You can end up in a situation where the changes from the remotes ( sales) have not been received by HQ before it sends its files out.

This can mean HQ is sending out old quantities, and will not catch up until the following day, where it is already behind again.

This was the case with a client we had where the HQ was in California, but the remotes were in Texas. We had to set the transfer times to insure that the remote data was processed in to the HQ, Before the HQ sent out it's morning file.

pe0909
Level 1

I did not find "Select Not Used for each store" no where.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Welcome to the Community, @pe0909,

You  should work on the Headquarters store to find the Not Used option in the Store Exchange Configuration window. Please note that selecting a Communication Method only applies to accounts with multiple stores or codes.

Please see this screenshot:

Check out the Help Articles inside QuickBooks Point of Sale for more information about the Multi-Store connection. Here's how to view them:

1. Click the Help menu at the top.
  2. Choose Help Contents from the drop-down list, then select the Multi-Stores section.
  3. It will open clickable links about the selected topic.

I want to make sure you're all set. Please update this thread on what you find. I'm here to help. Have a nice day!

BlackRockPOS
Level 3

Delete all of the Stex incoming and outgoing mailbags on both machines, as well as history and error mailbags.

SmartStore
Level 1

I also have this problem. Most of the solutions provided have been temporary ones. The most effective I have found is to delete all of the files in the StEx folder and to perform a few "send/receive" transactions at all remotes as well as HQ.

If anyone could suggesting a more lasting solution that would be great. So far the suggestions in this thread have proven to only work for a week or two.

MaryGraceS

Hi there, @SmartStore.

Since you're still getting mismatch data issues when transferring data between your stores, I recommend giving our Merchant Services Support a call for assistance in making sure this doesn’t happen again.

Click on this link to check their support hours to make an appointment or call them at your most convenient time, as well as to get their phone number or begin messaging: Contact Payments Support.

For more tips and related articles, you can use in the future, visit our help link for reference: QuickBooks Point of Sale Resource Center

Feel free to leave a comment below if you have any other questions. Wishing you and your business continued success!

Need to get in touch?

Contact us