cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
StrangeTracey
Level 1

Missing transactions & Duplicates

Hello,

I'm using the web based version of Quick Books Self employed. I was having no problems at all until I discovered a batch of missing transactions in the middle of the year. I decided to upload a .csv file of these transaction, however I used the wrong file and uploaded the whole year. I now have numerous duplicate transactions. Can I delete this whole year and start again and if so how do I do this? Any help would be much appreciated.

Kind regards

Tracey

Solved
Best answer October 03, 2018

Best Answers
Rasa-LilaM
QuickBooks Team

Greetings, StrangeTracey.

Welcome aboard in the Online Community. I’ll be your guide today for making sure that the transactions recorded in QuickBooks are correct.

I’m glad to let you know that you can delete the entire list of imported transactions so you can start fresh. Let me walk you through the step by step process.

Here’s how:

1. Go to the Gear icon at the top.
  2. Select Imports.
  3. Choose the bank name with imported .CSV file.
  4. Once you see the list of imported files, select the Trash icon to remove all the transactions.

One done, you can start with importing the transactions. Check out the Import transactions from other sources article for the detailed instructions.

To ensure you're feeling supported while using the application, I'm adding a link to some of our articles: https://community.intuit.com/quickbooks-self-employed. You can always browse the topics available in the support site.

Thanks for giving me the opportunity to help. Wishing you the best with your business endeavors. Have a great day ahead.

View solution in original post

2 Comments 2
Rasa-LilaM
QuickBooks Team

Greetings, StrangeTracey.

Welcome aboard in the Online Community. I’ll be your guide today for making sure that the transactions recorded in QuickBooks are correct.

I’m glad to let you know that you can delete the entire list of imported transactions so you can start fresh. Let me walk you through the step by step process.

Here’s how:

1. Go to the Gear icon at the top.
  2. Select Imports.
  3. Choose the bank name with imported .CSV file.
  4. Once you see the list of imported files, select the Trash icon to remove all the transactions.

One done, you can start with importing the transactions. Check out the Import transactions from other sources article for the detailed instructions.

To ensure you're feeling supported while using the application, I'm adding a link to some of our articles: https://community.intuit.com/quickbooks-self-employed. You can always browse the topics available in the support site.

Thanks for giving me the opportunity to help. Wishing you the best with your business endeavors. Have a great day ahead.

StrangeTracey
Level 1

Thanks

Need to get in touch?

Contact us