Filter By
  • My bank merged into another bank. How can I get Quickbooks to recognize the new bank?

From the answer: You probably just need to update the login credentials.... I'd go through the process of creating a new bank account and transferring the money only if you actually go out and opened a new acct.

• Journal entry for periodic inventory and COGS.

From the answer: wrote: Hello, Can someone guide me if following journal entry for recording inventory and getting Cost of goods sold amount is correct? the inventory method is periodic one.

• Journal Entries and Bills

From the answer: Hello 2robertc,   Thanks for reaching out to us, and for the steps you have done.... The OPEN BALANCE  column will only show how much is the remaining balance of a transaction.

• how to inventory assembly items and components in Quickbooks Desktop for Mac

From the answer: Yes, you also want a Fictional Item for this: "We just need to invoice/sell it.... So the remaining issue is assigning the correct sales price to the group item."

• Recording Donations received via PayPal

From the answer: Let's take it a bit at a time: "If i buy some books online or at a store to sell and I pay immediately, that's a purchase for me, so to properly record this, do i use... - Vendor > Enter Bill" <== You already paid.

• Unable to link VENDOR refund to VENDOR credit when there is no open invoice

From the answer: Here is a topic showing the images and the steps: https://quickbooks.intuit.com/community/Payments/Vendor-Credit/m-p/248846#M5029

• QB Server for MAC

From the answer: Hello there, .... Thanks for coming to the Community for help.... I've got just the steps you need to fix this issue right away.

• Sales Tax Payment Account

From the answer: You should be recording daily sales, and allowing QB to calculate sales tax for you, then you use the pay sales tax function on the home screen   Of course you do have to set up sales tax first, See this for a step by step how-to create and use sales

• Scheduled Payroll

From the answer: Thanks for the prompt response, .... I’d like to provide additional insight.... You need to delete the voided paychecks for QuickBooks to recognize that there are only 4 people that receive payment this pay period.

• Vendor Product Rebate Handling

From the answer: In QB the item has a cost, cost is what you pay for it, that is true in accounting too.... You did not pay 37, so the item cost is not changed.

Qb community
Looking for advice from other business owners?

Visit our QuickBooks Community site.