Filter By
  • Total Deposits is less than Total Income

From the answer: first check the basis of the reports you are looking at, both must be set the same, either accrual basis or cash basis   if the basis is the same, print out a detail report of the same income account for each report and compare.

• Editing .QBO files to import a credit card as a credit card, not an "other current liability"

From the answer: Hello there, Nein.... Thanks for joining the QuickBooks Community.... I want to ensure the transactions imported to QuickBooks are posted to the correct account.

• Can I take Discover card

From the answer: Hello, Tony Presley.... Welcome to the Community.... I'd be glad to offer some info on your question about taking Discover Card.

• Add Transaction Information to Invoice

From the answer: Glad to have you here, .... Welcome to the Community.... I am here to share details on how you can customize your invoices in QuickBooks Desktop .

• Expensing an inventory sale that was donated to us.

From the answer: The problem relates to the 'item' used and how that item was setup.... You were expecting the sale to cause the inventory to go down.

• Deductions for scorp medical premiums paid by employees

From the answer: Thanks for visiting the Community, .... I’m here to share some insight regarding SCorp Medical Premiums.... What is reported on your W-2 depends on the set up of your payroll items.

• QB Running Slow - What is your experience with condense data?

From the answer: Hello there,  MLee .... Let's get this up and running.... Before we begin the troubleshooting, let's  update your QuickBooks Desktop to the latest release .

• I have a charge on my credit card and I don't have payroll services.

From the answer: Greetings, ,   It's great to see you here today.... I want to make sure you get the answers you need with your billing.

• Edit inventory Item name by multiple users

From the answer: RE: Do you think I can restrict user to have "creating" new item but not allowing "edit"?... Yes, this is easy to do and has been a feature since around the time Enterprise was launched about two decades ago.

• Average Cost in Reports

From the answer: QB desktop uses average cost, QBO uses FIFO (first-in,first-out) In both systems separate cost streams are maintained for each 'item' so if you buy and sell the same item at multiple locations then those costs will be blended.

Qb community
Looking for advice from other business owners?

Visit our QuickBooks Community site.