Filter By
  • How do I record With Holding Tax with held on Payments Received so that the Invoice Paid shows Nil Balance?

From the answer: "Please note, the 60 is an asset on my side because i can use it to offset my annual tax."... Make an Other Charge type item linked to your Asset account for tracking this.

• How do I remove a company file from my updated desktop. The file is an old one which I mistakenly restored.

From the answer: Launch the QB Program.... At the No Company Open screen, on the listing of Most Recently Opened files, you see the HIDE button.

• Supplier took overpayment

From the answer: If you entered a Bill Payment as credit card, that shows as AP.... The Overpayment would be AP, as negative.

• Liscense reached its maximum number of users

From the answer: Hi there,  Rodney , It's recommended to store the company file on the Host computer since you're setting up multi-user.

• Can I use classes to give an investment consultancy company analysis by investment management company?

From the answer: Hi there E21J, Yes, you can use the class tracking for investment analysis.... Let me show how you can turn it on: Select the Edit tab then choose Preferences .

• Is it possible to jobcost per diem when reimbursed on a payroll check?

From the answer: Thanks for getting back and for the clarification, orion678,   Let me provide information about Payroll Job tracking in QuickBooks Desktop.

• IIF Import Issue

From the answer: Hello Tracey,   I think our only option now would be for you to contact our Desktop support team - they will be able to set up a screenshare and look at the file you are attempting to import, making sure it is formatted correctly etc.

• recording sales commission due back

From the answer: Hello,   Yes, that would be fine.... You would then also have record of when you registered that the commission was due back to you through the voided invoice.

• Payment from Govt that includes interest

From the answer: did you try clicking on the next open line and selecting an account?  in the from account block

• There is no option to Condense Data in Utilities

From the answer: Then condense must not be included in the non-US versions.... Sadly condense only works accurately about 70% of the time anyway to be honest.

Qb community
Looking for advice from other business owners?

Visit our QuickBooks Community site.