Filter By
  • Payment from Govt that includes interest

    From the answer: did you try clicking on the next open line and selecting an account?  in the from account block

  • IIF Import Issue

    From the answer: Hello Tracey,   I think our only option now would be for you to contact our Desktop support team - they will be able to set up a screenshare and look at the file you are attempting to import, making sure it is formatted correctly etc.

  • recording sales commission due back

    From the answer: Hello,   Yes, that would be fine.... You would then also have record of when you registered that the commission was due back to you through the voided invoice.

  • I cannot restore a backup in Quickbooks pro 2008

    From the answer: to be honest I am surprised 08 even installed on win10, I can pretty much guarantee it will quit at some point.

  • In my Customer Contact List I have a field called 'Primary Contact' how do I change the details in this field? I can't seem to find it anywhere.

    From the answer: I know a way on how to change the primary contact details,  newsupplies .... You can edit the primary contact details in the Customer Center page.

  • Hi, I am using desktop and I need to void a cheque that was issued in the prior year. How do I do this without affecting the prior year numbers? Thanks

    From the answer: @ meyer You want to "void" a past payment for something, you say you do not have to reissue the check so yes if you get that money back from not paying for the expense, it is income make a deposit in the amount, use Other Income as the source account

  • How can I look back and find unpaid invoices at date in the past. I need to know who owed us money at the end of August.

    From the answer: In QB Desktop there is a option switch available in some type of reports that control this display: Run the report to screen then: Customize button > Display tab > Advanced button > Open Balance : REPORT DATE

  • How do I account for dividends and directors loan? What is best practice?

    From the answer: assuming the director loan is money owed to the company and is an asset accont do a journal entry debit dividends payable, credit directors loan for the amount

  • Give me a human

    From the answer: When upgrading a file as old as 2003, you need to try to do it in 3-year steps, i.e., 2003 to 2006 to 2009, etc.  Since you probably don't know anyone with all of those, you need to ask Intuit to upgrade the file for you.

  • multiple vendor credit

    From the answer: "Should this be entered as a credit on bill pay or credit card form?"... Both , because you told us there is One of Each: " The 21.20 was applied as a credit refund to a credit card, the 15.66 is credit from the vendor to use for a future transaction,

Qb community
Looking for advice from other business owners?

Visit our QuickBooks Community site.