Filter By
  • How do I stop autofill on enter bill screen?

From the answer: Hello there,  mhayward1911 .... Here's how you can stop the auto-fill setup when entering bill payments in QuickBooks Desktop: Click Edit .

• How do I manually record a manual GST remittance?

From the answer: To handle GST correctly, you must file the GST Return in Quickbooks.... I always file the Return in QB first, then file the Actual Return with the CRA to match.

• Migrate from Quickbooks Contractor (circa 2010), to Quickbooks online, import the data.

From the answer: As I understand it there is no export of desktop to QBO for non-US versions since you have used desktop, check this to see if the functions you rely on in desktop even exist in QBO.  a non partisan comparison of QBO vs QB desktop http://onsale-appare

• Employee sales summary

From the answer: Hi there,    Reports are easily accessible in QuickBooks Desktop, and conveniently show you snapshots of your business health.

• Want to add PST into Sales Tax accounts

From the answer: Thank you again for all your help.

• How to record bank fees

From the answer: when you reconcile, there is a field for Bank Fees.... enter the fee there.... if it doesn't populate with an expense account, use Bank Fee (create it if necessary) as the expense account.

• I need to cancel a purchase order but still want to be able to view it, so not delete it.

From the answer: Hi lisasinclairsewi, That's a great question!... Being able to keep track of the transaction can be useful for your business, even if it's simply for your own knowledge.

• GST Report Line 101 showing incorrect total, how do I fix?

From the answer: Your Journal entries are not linked to the Sales Tax reports.... Line 101 on the sales tax remittance forms comes from the amount invoiced to your Customers using the Sales Receipt or Customer Invoice functions.

• Using Items for expenses

From the answer: Classes are not Accounts nor are they linked to Accounts in your COA or Items in your Item List.... Items are linked to Accounts in your COA.

• Automatic numbering for invoices has stopped working and is displaying numbers already used.

From the answer: This happens when you manually enter numbers and you miss one.... For instance: You are entering a stack of pre-numbered invoices - starting with Invoice #100.

Qb community
Looking for advice from other business owners?

Visit our QuickBooks Community site.