Filter By
  • Reversing an EFT

From the answer: A bank rec should not have that eft marked off, since it should not have been on the bank statement - it was not a complete transaction   make a deposit in that amount and use a clearing expense account as the source account for the deposit then send

• Backup to a network share

From the answer: Hi Andre416,   I'm glad to hear you regularly save a backup of your file and using the scheduled feature is a great idea.

• Data file on cloud storage

From the answer: No you can not do that in desktop   google for a hosting company in Canada   You can make a back up locally, copy it to a google drive folder, and from somewhere else download the back up, restore from it and work in QB.

• Can Invoice pricing?

From the answer: Set the rate for your services on the item screen as the rate the general public would be charged   then in menu lists>price level list create a price level list, name it, and adjust the price per item as needed.

• What is the best way void a cheque for an EFT or a PAD?

From the answer: There is never a valid reason to enter even as void a check number that is not used, whether the printer or the dog or the shredder ate it - there is no compelling need to keep track so no need to enter same in QuickBooks.

• WebConnect file is importing purchases as payments and vice versa

From the answer: Hi there, TaraW.... Thanks for sharing a great amount of details with what's happening when importing your Web Connect file.

• This is for an Automotive Repair shop, I was wondering if/how to create a list of customer's vehicles?

From the answer: Greetings, timetowaste247.... Welcome aboard to the QuickBooks Community.... I can help and guide you on how to create a list of your customer’s vehicles.

• When creating an invoice, I would like QB to autofill based on Description, not Item Name. Is it possible to change the search filter?

From the answer: Hi,  Mint11 .... One of my colleagues already responded to your question, please check this link below.... https://quickbooks.intuit.com/community/Reports-and-accounting/Is-there-a-way-to-search-by-display-Item-Description-in-the/m-p/273331#M20456

• Script to re-open Web Connector and Schedule a Task Using Terminal Window

From the answer: Hi there, cloud2049.... QuickBooks Desktop can be installed or access through a terminal server.... Though, I'd suggest reaching out to our Technical Support Team to check if there's a way to have the QuickBooks Web Connecter run on the terminal.

• My new Quickbooks 2019 won't install on my Windows 10 partition. (I have a Mac with Parallels Desktop).

From the answer: Hello Jcrammond, QuickBooks 2019 is compatible with all editions of Windows 10.... You can Download and run QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool to fix any installation issues.

Qb community
Looking for advice from other business owners?

Visit our QuickBooks Community site.