cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
david91
Level 1

I have invoices that have their transaction being applied to a expense account and it is screwing up my P/L report. How do I move them?

3 Comments 3
Rustler
Level 15

I have invoices that have their transaction being applied to a expense account and it is screwing up my P/L report. How do I move them?

the problem is with the items you used on the invoice, edit each one and insure there is an income account selected.  If when you change the income account QB asks if you want this change to affect all historical entries, say yes.  recheck the P&L

david91
Level 1

Thanks for the reply. One thing to keep in mind here, is I am using QBO. When I look at the Product or Service listed on the invoice and then track back everything as it is assigned to a income account. It is really odd.
david91
Level 1

Just found my solution. When you change the account in the product and service, there is a check box that says"Also update this account in historical transactions" you have to check that box to move the old transactions.

Need to get in touch?

Contact us