cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Everything you need to know about banking in QuickBooks Online - Discover more
communityoil
Level 5

Can I add a bcc email address ina custom form template invoice so that I get a copy what the customer receives?

3 REPLIES 3
BettyJaneB
QuickBooks Team

Can I add a bcc email address ina custom form template invoice so that I get a copy what the customer receives?

It's nice to see you again here in the Community, @communityoil.

At this time being able to add a Bcc email on a custom invoice template isn't an option for us. However, I can help you add a Blind Carbon Copy (Bcc) for invoices so you'll have a copy of the invoices that you sent. 

All you have to do is to add your email on the Blind Copy (Bcc) new invoices to address option on your settings.

Let me guide you how:

1. Click the Gear icon.
  2. Choose Account and Settings.
  3. Go to the Sales tab.
  4. Click the Messages section to expand the preferences.
  5. Under Sales form, choose Invoice and other sales forms.
  6. Enter your email in the Blind Copy (Bcc) new invoices to address field.
  7. Click Save then Done.

ibcc.PNG

On the other hand, QuickBooks Online is constantly evolving and adding features to meet our customers business needs. I'd encourage you to check out QuickBooks Online Blog to be updated with our latest news and updates including product improvements.  

That should do the trick for you, communityoil.

Let me know if you have any more questions about the process. I'm here to make sure you're all set. All the best!

communityoil
Level 5

BettyJaneB

Your suggested process does not work.  I have followed all instructions and entered bcc email address where indicated followed by Save and Done.  When I enter email address in bcc slot it is automatically copied into the cc slot.  So I have deleted it from the cc slot and just the email address in the bcc slot remains.  But it does not work when emailing a default invoice to customer.  Also when I go back and look at the Messages section I find that the bcc email address has disappeared.  Please advise.

TaliaI
QuickBooks Team

Hello,

After filling out the email address in the settings page, when you next go into an invoice does it show in the Cc/Bcc box underneath the customer email?

Thanks,

Talia

Need to get in touch?

Contact us