cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Everything you need to know about banking in QuickBooks Online - Discover more
Witcomb
Level 1

"VAT on sales" comes up as an item line in the printed invoice. How can I remove this?

I have de-registered foir VAT and have removed all references to VAT in the invoice template, but "VAT on sales" comes up as an item line in the printed (not screen) invoice. How can I remove this?

10 REPLIES 10
TaliaI
QuickBooks Team

"VAT on sales" comes up as an item line in the printed invoice. How can I remove this?

Hello Witcomb,

Welcome to the Community - thank you for your question!

Could you please send a screenshot of this, of course cutting out any confidential information?

Thanks,

Talia

Witcomb
Level 1

Dear Talia

Here is an dummy invoice, which shows the problem line.

Regards

Simon

John C
QuickBooks Team

Hi Simon

We would be grateful if you can provide us with a screen shot of an actual invoice and also a screen shot of the preview of that invoice.

Witcomb
Level 1

image.png

Witcomb
Level 1

image.png

EdwardR
QuickBooks Team

Hello Witcomb,

Thanks for the screenshots so far we will need some further screenshots to investigate this further for you. Could I please get a screenshot of the Annual Accounts Item Detail from the Item List, also a screenshot if possible for the VAT on Sales item and the template you are using and one of the edit template section too.

This way we can look into this further for you.

Witcomb
Level 1

Dear Edward

Sorry about the delay in replying.

Something worse has happened.  I cannot print an invoice, or even preview it.

When I g to the template and try to edit it, there is nothing there.  The layout is total blank.

Help!

Regards

Simon

Adrian_A

You can do some basic printing troubleshooting, Witcomb.

There are instances that you cannot preview or print an invoice since the file format you used is not compatible with what you've installed.

Before running any troubleshooting, I would suggest updating your QuickBooks file to the latest release. Afterward, let's start with downloading and installing the PDF and print repair tool. Once the download is complete, try printing the invoice again.

If the error persists, you can check this article and proceed to solution number 2: Troubleshoot PDF and Print problems with QuickBooks Desktop.

I'm always here if there's anything that I can help you with. Have a wonderful day!

Witcomb
Level 1

Dear Adrian Rose

I have updated, verified, rebuilt, closed and re-opened, but I still can not print an invoice.  When i go to List, Templates, New, Invoice, the screen is blank.

I have also re-installed QB with no luck.

What should I try next?

Regards

Simon

EdwardR
QuickBooks Team

Hi Simon,

Please try using this link here to repair the file to see if this resolves the issue. If the issue continues can you please include some screenshots of the blank page you receive so I can see if it is loading the correct area without the data.

Thanks,

Need to get in touch?

Contact us