cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DBETHEA
Level 3

One Invoice for multiple sales orders with different account numbers

How would I create one Invoice from multiple sales orders that have different account numbers?

Thanks!

-db

7 Comments 7
Rasa-LilaM
QuickBooks Team

It’s great to see you today, DBETHEA.

Thanks for being part of the QuickBooks family. I can help and point you in the right direction about creating an invoice coming from multiple sales orders.

Just to clarify, did you create a custom field for the account numbers? If so, the added column should also mirror on the invoice.

This is to ensure once you apply the sales orders to the transaction, the account numbers also carry over. The first thing do is to create sales orders.

Here's how:

1. At the top menu bar, select Customers and choose to Create Invoices.
  2. Click on the drop-down for Customer: Job, and select the customer you’re working on.
  3. In the Available Sales Orders window, mark the sales orders you want to add on the transaction.
  4. Click OK.
  5. In the Create Invoice Based on Sales Order(s), specify what to include on the transaction:
    *Create invoice for all of the sales order(s).
    *Create invoice for selected items.
  6. Choose OK.

After entering the transactions, you can now customize the invoice. Let me walk you through on how to refine it.

1. On the Invoice page, click on the Formatting menu.
  2. Select the template, and choose OK.
  3. Select the Additional Customization tab.
    soa.png
  4. In the Additional Customization window, go to the Columns tab.
  5. On the Other panel, mark the boxes for Screen and Print.
    soa1.png
  6. Enter Account Number in the field box, then select OK.

With these steps, the account numbers should now show on the invoice.

soa3.png

Let me know about your success following the resolution, or if you have any other concerns. I'll be right here ready to help.

DBETHEA
Level 3

Hello, 

Thank you for attempting to help.   Those steps do not solve the problem I am having.  Every one of our customers has their own account number or "customer:job" number.  I did not have to create any custom area for this in Sales Orders or Invoices and would not want to do so.  

I would just like to select a bunch of sales orders and click Invoice the selected sales orders on one Invoice?  Is that possible?  I know if one customer has multiple sales orders I can add them all to one Invoice.  I need to find a way to do this for multiple customers with one Invoice each. 

Thanks!

-db

Joyce_P
QuickBooks Team

Thank for getting back to this thread, DBETHEA.

Any sales transactions are only allowed to be linked in one customer. 

You'll want to use the copy feature instead, this allows you to copy the Invoice or any sales transactions you've made and link them to a different customer. 

Please see the screenshot below on where to find the Create a Copy in the transaction page. 

Please let me know if you have further questions. I'd be around to answer.

scottrodehaver
Level 1

OK so how about if you want to combine multiple sales orders from one customer into a single shipment?

JenoP

Hi there, scottrodehaver.

Can you tell us if you're using the QuickBooks Shipping Manager or the Sales Order Fulfillment Worksheet? I just want to make sure that I will be giving you the right steps and details to help with your question about shipping.  

Please add a reply below to share more details. We look forward to it. 

LKssc
Level 1

@Rasa-LilaM I need assistance with a similar situation. Instead of an account number, I would like a column to link customer jobs. It would be an invoice to one Company but within the invoice I can have multiple item lines and in each line I can link the customer that is connected. I want to be able to select this from a drop down menu so it links and when I pull reports for a specific company, these invoice items will be linked to them as well.

AlcaeusF

Hi @LKssc,

Thank you for choosing QuickBooks for your business. Allow me to chime in and share some clarification about adding customer jobs on an invoice.

Currently, a specific column to add this information on customer invoices is unavailable. As a workaround, I recommend personalizing your sales form template to include a custom column for the additional information.

However, you'll need to enter the customer information manually from the field if your have the Pro version. For Enterprise, you can create custom item fields and set the field type to a list, which creates a drop list on the sales forms.

Here's how to customer your invoice template:

1. Click the Lists tab at the top menu bar.
  2. Select Templates.
  3. On the Template page, double-click the form.
  4. Click Additional Customization.
  5. Go to the Columns section.
  6. Customize the Other 1 or Other 2 column.

Adding a separate column for customer jobs will help you identify the line items when running reports related to the invoices. The Description column would be a great addition if you want to include more details.

Additionally, QuickBooks allows you to customize report data, add or delete columns, add or remove information on the header/footer, and even personalize the font and style. I've attached an article that can help you in the future with the sales report data: Customize reports in QuickBooks Desktop.

Feel free to hit that Reply button if you have additional questions about managing the invoices. I'm always ready to lend a hand. Have a great day ahead. 

Need to get in touch?

Contact us