cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jujubean67
Level 2

Sent Reports for Emailed Invoices

Good evening,

I don't know if I have started the discussions within the correct topic section; however, I am hoping that someone can help or direct me else where.

If I send an invoice via my emailing option within QuickBooks Premier Contractor Edition 2018, I can select "Transaction History" under "Reports" to see what date I sent the invoice. However, if I have to send it AGAIN the new date is listed. Is there a report that I can pull up that shows all the dates the invoice was emailed?

Thank you so much for your help and time. Have a great evening.

5 Comments 5
JenoP

Hi there, jujubean67.

Aside from the Transaction History report, you can also go to the Customer Center to see the dates the invoices were sent. Although, you will have to run the report per customer. Here's how:

1. Go to the Customer Center and click the name of a customer.
  2. Go to the Sent Email tab. 
  3. Select All for Dates.

Also, if you're using Outlook, Outlook Express, Thunderbird, or web mail, you can find the information in your Sent folder.

Let me know if you have follow-up questions. I'll get back here to help you again.

jujubean67
Level 2

Thank you and call me blind LOL. I ususally just always went to the actual invoice, but now I can see that I don't have to even do that! Thank you for your help.

SCHC
Level 1

Is there a way to create a report by customer of the "Send Email"s?   They are all listed on the screen, but can't find a way to create a report.

SettMech
Level 1

I have recently switched my email software, set it up to send invoices as other and used a special password, and now QB doesn't list when I sent an Email in their Job Information/Sent Email list.  Can you tell me why this happened and how to fix it.

ReymondO
QuickBooks Team

Thanks for joining the thread, @SettMech.

There might be a minor data damage in your system that's causing this behavior. This can be the reason why your sent emailed invoices aren't showing in the Sent Email list.

Let's run some basic troubleshooting to isolate the issue and fix it. To start, update QuickBooks Desktop to its latest release. This way, we can keep your software up-to-date so you always have the latest features and fixes. Here's how:

1. Go to the Help menu and select Update QuickBooks Desktop.
  2. Click the Update Now tab.
  3. Select Get Updates to start the download.
  4. When the download finishes, restart QuickBooks.
  5. Once prompted, accept the option to install the new release.

After updating, check if you're able to the emailed invoices in the Sent Email list. If you're still getting the same result, run the Verify and Rebuild Data tools. These can help us identify the cause of the issue and fix it. 

If you need further help in managing your company, you can always visit our articles from the general articles list page.

Let me know how else I can help you with QuickBooks by adding a comment below. I'm more than happy to lend a helping hand. Keep safe!

Need to get in touch?

Contact us