cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Everything you need to know about banking in QuickBooks Online - Discover more
E21J
Level 3

I have a small historic exchange difference on my USD Purchase Control Ledger (my accounts are in GBP). How can I clear this please?

I am not able to clear this at the correct date because the original transactions occurred in the prior period of accounts which have been audited and signed.

I have tried clearing this with a journal against the Purchase Ledger Control Account (USD) and an expense account on the P&L but this requires me to put a supplier which then results in the supplier having a balance.  I would be grateful for suggestions as to how I can fix this.

5 REPLIES 5
John C
QuickBooks Team

I have a small historic exchange difference on my USD Purchase Control Ledger (my accounts are in GBP). How can I clear this please?

Hi E21J

We would be grateful if you can inform us which of our products you are using, desktop or online.

When you state, ' I am not able to clear this at the correct date because the original transactions occurred in the prior period of accounts which have been audited and signed'. what are you referring to? Can you provide us with a screen shot?

E21J
Level 3

Desktop 2015.

I mean that I can not go back to the date where the exchange difference has arisen because that period of accounts has been audited and signed.

TaliaI
QuickBooks Team

Hello E21J,

Unfortunately we are not accountant trained and so cannot advise what to enter in this journal entry to avoid it posting a supplier balance (we would not want to give you any incorrect advice) - this would have to be something you would check with an accountant.

Thanks,

Talia

E21J
Level 3

Thanks.

All it means is I can post it at the time of the original difference.  Please can you advise how I could post it if I could post it at the original time?  Then I shall look and see if I can work out from there whether I can post it after the date I need to.

Many thanks.

TaliaI
QuickBooks Team

Hello E21J,

We unfortunately will have to refer to our above post - if it is through a journal we cannot help you. You could maybe revalue the currency (you can do this by going to the Company tab, MultiCurrency and Revalue Currencies), however we cannot say if that would resolve the issue and whether that would be the best way forward. We do have some accountants who use the Community, so hopefully they may be able to help you.

Thanks,

Talia

Need to get in touch?

Contact us