cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
southeasternturn
Level 1

Which account should I use to account for interest paid to a business savings account?

4 Comments 4
Rustler
Level 15

Which account should I use to account for interest paid to a business savings account?

Create an income account called interest earned, and use that as the source account for the deposit

joeybags
Level 3

So I create the Income account for the interest. What's my initial step to record the interest so I can transfer it to the savings balance?

Rustler
Level 15

@joeybags wrote:

So I create the Income account for the interest. What's my initial step to record the interest so I can transfer it to the savings balance?

If the interest is earned in the savings account, there is no transfer.  make a deposit for that amount in the savings account and use the interest income account as the source account for the deposit

joeybags
Level 3

ok.

Need to get in touch?

Contact us