cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
eryheneke
Level 1

From the perspective of the client who uses GoPay, how do they connect a payment they are taking from a customer to a partially open invoice in QBO?

5 Comments 5
eryheneke
Level 1

From the perspective of the client who uses GoPay, how do they connect a payment they are taking from a customer to a partially open invoice in QBO?

I had a character limit on my original question, so just to expand.  My client uses GoPay to take milestone payments from clients.  She 'swipes' their cards through GoPay, but on the QBO side, is creating a new/unique sales receipt rather than attaching to a partially paid/open invoice in QBO.  I want her to stop creating a unique (duplicate) sales receipt, but she doesn't know how.  I can't really see 'her side' since I don't use GoPay at all nor the app.  Any ideas?

I've worked around it by zero'ing out the open invoice and accepting the sales receipt, but it's messy.

Malcolm Ziman
Level 10

@eryheneke wrote:

I had a character limit on my original question, so just to expand.  My client uses GoPay to take milestone payments from clients.  She 'swipes' their cards through GoPay, but on the QBO side, is creating a new/unique sales receipt rather than attaching to a partially paid/open invoice in QBO.  I want her to stop creating a unique (duplicate) sales receipt, but she doesn't know how.  I can't really see 'her side' since I don't use GoPay at all nor the app.  Any ideas?

I've worked around it by zero'ing out the open invoice and accepting the sales receipt, but it's messy.

If the invoice was in a prior period, zeroing it out changes the accrual. It would be better to create a Journal Entry dated same day as SR: credit AR/customer, debit whatever income account was used in the SR

eryheneke
Level 1

Right, agreed.  I'm seeking to know if there is a solution other than a workaround.

eryheneke
Level 1

Right, agreed, but I'm really looking for a solution that doesn't require a backend/workaround.

Charies_M

Hello there, eryheneke.

I want this issue with connecting payment to a partially open invoice gets taken care of.

At the moment, the option to partially pay an invoice when using QuickBooks GoPayment isn't possible. Please know that we are always looking for suggestions on how we can make QuickBooks even better and sending us feedback would be a big help.

To send your comments and suggestions, just follow the steps provided below.

Here's how:

1. Click on the Gear icon.
  2. Click Feedback.
  3. Type in your feedback or feature request.
  4. Click Send Message.

Another easy way to share your feedback is to enter them through this link: QuickBooks Online Feature Requests.

Just in case you'd want help from a live technical support, feel free to reach them out through the steps below:

1. Sign in to your QuickBooks Online company.
  2. Click the Help icon in the upper right of the screen.
  3. Select Contact US on the pop-up. 
  4. Enter what you're needing assistance with in the How can we help? field and choose Continue
  5. Click Get a callback.
  6. Enter your contact information.
  7. Select Call me.

Please let me know if you have questions concerning GoPay or if you need help with something else, I'm always glad to help.

Need to get in touch?

Contact us