cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
davido
Level 3

How can I sync the square fees to quickbooks?

Used the app to sync square. deposits show up in my checking account. The fees don't. Quickbooks support tells me to contact square. Square tell me to contact quickbooks
12 Comments 12
PreciousB

Welcome back to the Community, davido.

Let me help you find the Square fees in QuickBooks Online.

By default, Sync with Square automatically imports fees as Square Fees, unless you've set up different mappings on the settings page. You can run a report on Square fees.

Here's how to find it in QuickBooks:

1. Select Accounting on the left pane, then choose Chart of Accounts.
  2. Find the account Square Fees (or the account under which you are recording Square fees).
  3. Click Run Report.
  4. Click any of the Square fees and go to the imported record.

You'll get more details in these articles:

That should do it. I'm always here if you need anything else. Please leave a comment below if you need any further information. Have a great day.

davido
Level 3

Thank you for your reply. I know all the square articles. 

I started importing since Jan 1st. All the square deposits showed up in our checking account.

I had checked the square fees multiple times. It was always blank.

The first transaction that was imported correctly with the fee was yesterday. 

Everything else before that does not show up in square fees or anywhere else (I tried the search just based on the fee amount).  

JessT

Hellow Davido,

Let's fix the amounts of the transactions from the other day to January 1st. But before we start, I have a question. If they don't have fees, you mean their amounts are greater than their corresponding transactions in your Square account? If that is so, you can edit each deposit and add another line for Square fees. Then, enter the amount in a negative number, so it deducts the deposit amount.

On the other hand, please observe this behavior, and don't hesitate to contact our phone agents if it happens again. They have more tools to investigate this further.

We'll be around if you have more questions.

davido
Level 3

The net total of the sales is in our checking account.

So lets say the client paid $ 312.50 through square, only $ 303.14 are in the checking account. the fee of $ 9.36 is no where listed in quickbooks. I understand I can enter manually, but what is the point, if we know it can be done. With the only successful transactions record that shows the fee as well came also an email from quickbooks that tells me the transaction went through, no errors. Never received a notification like that before. 

Rose-A

Hi, davido.

Thanks for getting back to us. I'd be glad to help you sync your square fees in QuickBooks Online.

To handle transaction fees in Square, it depends where the square sales are deposited. If it's deposited to the Undeposited funds, follow the steps below:

1. Select the Plus icon (+) on the Toolbar.
  2. Under the Customers, choose Receive Payment.
  3. Select the Customer name from the drop-down list.
  4. Enter the date you were paid in the Payment date field. The field displays the current date, but you can change it, if necessary.
  5. Select one of the methods from the drop-down list in the Payment method field.
  6. In the Reference Number field, enter the check number.
  7. Select Undeposited funds from the Deposit To drop-down list.
  8. Select Save and close.

If it's deposited to a different account, then you can just create an Expense. create a transaction and “Add fund to this deposit” and select Square fees from the drop down box, then enter the fees as negative.

Here's how:

1. Click the Plus icon (+) at the top.
  2. Under Others, click Bank Deposits.
  3. Enter the deposit. Under Account, choose Square Fees.
  4. Enter a negative amount, under Amount.
  5. Click Save and close.

You may find these articles helpful:

As always, you can contact our customer care agents if you'd like someone to be with you as you go through these steps. They can pull up your account in a secure environment and assist you further. To reach us, please follow these steps:

1. Sign in to your QuickBooks Online Company.
  2. Click (?) Help at the upper right corner.
  3. At the bottom, click on Contact us.
  4. Type in your concern then hit Continue.

Should you need more help with Square fees, feel free to drop a reply below.

JVinsight
Level 2

I need to put square fees in quick books however i have quick books desktop. this is hard due to I have the insurance pay me for some of the bill and the rest the customer pays a copay. If the customer pays with square there is a fee. So how can I input this into quick books desktop on one invoice? I need to show the insurance paying for some of this bill and customer paying for the other part however square does not give me the full copay due to fees.

Angelyn_T
QuickBooks Team

Thank you for joining the thread, @JVinsight.

I can guide you on how to record bank fees in QuickBooks Desktop.

Usually, there are multiple ways on how to record bank (Square) fees in QuickBooks Desktop. You can either create an expense account, add the amount when recording a deposit, or during reconciliation.

If you wish to record the fees through expenses or deposits, you need to create an expense account from the Chart of Accounts first.

Here's how:

1. Open your QuickBooks Desktop, then select Chart of Accounts from the Lists menu.
  2. Click on the drop-down arrow under Account, then tap on New.
  3. Choose Expense, then enter the account's name.
  4. Hit Save and Close.

To record a check/expense:

1. Select Write Checks from the Banking tab.
  2. Fill in the necessary details, then choose the account created.
  3. Enter the amount, then save the transaction.

On the other hand, to add the fees on your deposit:

1. Go to the Banking tab, then select Make Deposits.
  2. Choose the payment you want to deposit, then hit OK.
  3. Enter the fees (expense account) on the second line.
  4. Input the amount, then click Save and Close.

But if you want to input the amount/s during reconciliation, you can enter it on the Service Charge field. For your reference, I recommend opening this link: Reconcile an account in QuickBooks Desktop.

For additional tips about managing banking transactions in QuickBooks Desktop, you can also open the topics from our help articles: Find help with bank feeds and reconciling accounts.

If you need additional help with recording payments and fees, please let me know by adding a comment below. I'm more than happy to help. Have a good one!

Fiat Lux - ASIA
Level 15

@JVinsight 

Explore this app to reconcile your Square transactions into your QBD file.

https:// synder.grsm.io/quickbooks

vicfirth1
Level 1

I was not aware of "Sync with Square". This is great! Is there a similar convenient feature for Stripe, which as I'm guessing Quickbooks is aware is very fast becoming a standard payment processor. 

I don't wish to manually enter processing fees for every transaction, especially since I'll have a lot of them. 

Is there an automated way to do this? 

vicfirth1
Level 1

I was not aware of "Sync with Square". This is great! Is there a similar convenient feature for Stripe, which as I'm guessing Quickbooks is aware is very fast becoming a standard payment processor. 

I don't wish to manually enter processing fees for every transaction, especially since I'll have a lot of them. 

Is there an automated way to do this? 

SarahannC

Hello there, @vicfirth1. Hope you're doing good.

QuickBooks Desktop (QBDT) also allows integration with a number of third-party apps and software.

You can search for the app from the App Center to integrates Stripe with QBDT. Here's how:

1. Go to the Help menu and select App Center:Find More Business Solutions.
  2. In the Apps for QuickBooks Desktop Marketplace window, search for Stripe from the field.
  3. Then, select the app from the list.

Or you can also go directly to this link and search for Stripe: https://desktop.apps.com/home.

If you have further questions about Stripe, you can always contact their customer service team.

Please know that you can always visit here if you have any questions with QuickBooks. I'm always here to help. 

Fiat Lux - ASIA
Level 15

@vicfirth1 

Explore the 3rd party app as I mentioned earlier. You can utilize it to reconcile Square, Stripe and other payment processors into your QBO account easily.

Need to get in touch?

Contact us