cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gfpaccounting
Level 1

Warning "you do not have any customers" when trying to create statements

Trying to create statements for our new company, got this warning "You do not have any customers" and QB does not create statements. The company file does have customers with open balances. Please help.

Solved
Best answer January 10, 2019

Best Answers
AldrinS
QuickBooks Team

Hi there, gfpaccounting.

I'd like to add to this discussion to help determine why you're having issues with these QuickBooks functions.

Unusual behaviors like this are most likely caused by data integrity issues within the program. As mentioned by qbteachmt, it would be a good idea to run the Verify/Rebuild process.

When you run this, QuickBooks is able to self-identify the cause of the issue and apply the necessary countermeasures to resolve the error. The steps below will guide you on how to do it:

To verify the data

1. Click the File menu
  2. Select Utilities, then Verify Data.
  3. If the Verify Data pop-up window appears, just click OK.

To rebuild the data

1. Click the File menu
  2. Select Utilities, then Rebuild Data.
  3. QuickBooks will prompt you to create a backup copy, click OK.
  4. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the backup. You can check out our guide on how to create a backup for reference.
  5. Once the process is complete, click View issues.
  6. Close the QuickBooks Verify/Rebuild Results window.

For more information about this, I would recommend following this article: Resolve data damage on your company file

Please let me know if this helps you create the statements, it's my top priority that this gets resolved. Thanks for reaching out, I look forward to hearing from you.

View solution in original post

6 Comments 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, that means QB didn't find any matching customers, based on your statement parameters/filters.  Try making the options more permissive until you get the desired result.

qbteachmt
Level 15

Open Customer Center and use View menu > Re-Sort.

Run the AR Aging Summary, for Today. This confirms you have open AR by Names.

Run the Statements for Today, for Multiple Names = from that report. Use the Radio button for Date range, such as Sept 2018 to Today. Look at the options on the right, too. Preview.

If you still get No Customers, then use File menu > Utilities, Rebuild this file to relink the names to their transactions.

gfpaccounting
Level 1

The thing is I cannot generate statements from anywhere, so I'm not able to adjust the filters.

gfpaccounting
Level 1

Hi,

1. The "re-sort" greyed out. Anybody know why?

2. Yes, I'm able to get the aging report and also customer balance report.

3. I cannot run the statement, only got the warning "you do not have any customers"

AldrinS
QuickBooks Team

Hi there, gfpaccounting.

I'd like to add to this discussion to help determine why you're having issues with these QuickBooks functions.

Unusual behaviors like this are most likely caused by data integrity issues within the program. As mentioned by qbteachmt, it would be a good idea to run the Verify/Rebuild process.

When you run this, QuickBooks is able to self-identify the cause of the issue and apply the necessary countermeasures to resolve the error. The steps below will guide you on how to do it:

To verify the data

1. Click the File menu
  2. Select Utilities, then Verify Data.
  3. If the Verify Data pop-up window appears, just click OK.

To rebuild the data

1. Click the File menu
  2. Select Utilities, then Rebuild Data.
  3. QuickBooks will prompt you to create a backup copy, click OK.
  4. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the backup. You can check out our guide on how to create a backup for reference.
  5. Once the process is complete, click View issues.
  6. Close the QuickBooks Verify/Rebuild Results window.

For more information about this, I would recommend following this article: Resolve data damage on your company file

Please let me know if this helps you create the statements, it's my top priority that this gets resolved. Thanks for reaching out, I look forward to hearing from you.

Sonya808
Level 3

You're a lifesaver!

Need to get in touch?

Contact us