cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JasonHighline
Level 1

wrong account trying to verify direct deposit

Hello,

If anyone could assist I would be grateful. The wrong account is trying to be verified for our payroll when setting up which account to pull direct deposit from. Since it is in verification mode I do not know how to correct the account number so it gives me the verification into the correct one. This is a very time sensitive matter. Thank you in advance.

11 Comments 11
SophiaAnnL

I'll walk you through updating this information in QuickBooks right away, JasonHighline.

We can go to your payroll settings and change the information there.

Like this:

1. Select the Gear icon at the top, and then click Payroll Settings.
  2. Click Company under Bank Accounts, and then select the Update button.
  3. Click the Connect using your routing and account numbers link.
  4. Enter your new bank account information, and then select Submit.
  5. After that, we will try to verify your account again in 2-3 business days.
  6. Select OK, got it to finish.

For your visual guide, you can check this article: Change company bank account information.

If you don't see the option to edit the bank account information, you can give us a quick call. We'll change it for you so everything's ready when you start with your direct deposit payroll.

You can get our contact number through these steps:

1. Go to this link https://help.quickbooks.intuit.com/en_US/contact.
  2. Select QuickBooks Online.
  3. Click Running your business in QuickBooks topic.
  4. Click the Employees sub-topic.
  5. Scroll down and click the Get Phone Number button.

I'll be here if you have more questions about direct deposit. Thanks for dropping by.

mjordan
Level 1

I put a wrong digit in an employee's direct deposit account.  How can I verify I didn't pay the wrong person.  My hope is that is invalid account number.

MaryGraceS

Hi there, @mjordan.

Thank you for posting in the QuickBooks Community. I'd be happy to route you to the right support in verifying the employee's direct deposit status. 

If the employee's account information is incorrect, the following scenario may happen to the funds:  

• rejected and returned to your bank account within 2-3 banking days after the pay date
  • placed on hold
  • the employee received the money because the account is close enough for the financial institution to recognize 
  • posted to another live account

To confirm the status, I recommend reaching out to our Payroll Support to request a Direct Deposit trace. They have the tools to check your payroll account in a secure environment and assist you in getting this resolved. 

Here's how to reach them: Get QuickBooks Online Payroll Support

I've added some articles for additional reference:

That should do it. Let me know how the call goes by leaving a comment below. I'll be happy to help you further. 

Patriot Arc
Level 1

Hi! I'm having the exact same problem but I'm running Quickbooks Desktop Pro. How to I fix this problem?

Rose-A

Thanks for looping in, Patriot Arc.

I'm here to help you with correcting your account for direct deposit via QuickBooks Desktop.

The Customer Account Management Portal Site (CAMPS) allows you to view all your QuickBooks Desktop products and services. Try logging in to https://camps.intuit.com and from there you can change your account direct deposit. Or, you can follow the step-by-step process below.

Here's how:

1. Select Employees, then My Payroll Service, then Accounts/Billing Information.
  2. Sign in using your Intuit Account login.
  3. In the Direct Deposit section, select on any of the Bank Account details.

4. Select OK on the message that appears.
  5. Enter your payroll PIN. Then select Submit.
  6. Enter the new bank account details. Then select Submit.
  7. Wait for the confirmation. Then select Continue.
  8. Select the bank account where QuickBooks Desktop should post transactions returned by the Intuit service.

Please be reminded that once you changed your direct deposit account, you would need to wait for two banking days for the two test debits to verify the account.

You can get more details in this article: Change your direct deposit bank account.

Also, these articles are a good reference:

Keep me posted if you have additional questions about changing direct deposit account in QuickBooks Desktop. I'll zip right back to help you.

Patriot Arc
Level 1

I followed the step by step instructions and I can't change the bank account or even look at the bank details because the bank account is still waiting to be verified. But, it's the incorrect bank account so I'm unable to verify it. 

KhimG
QuickBooks Team

Hi there, @Patriot Arc.

I appreciate you following the steps shared by my colleague to change the bank account for direct deposit. Allow me to join the conversation and share some more information about this.

Since the bank account submitted for the direct deposit verification is incorrect, you have to download the Bank Account Change Form and send it to Intuit. Listed below are the guidelines to observe when completing the form:

• The form must be signed by the Primary Principal.
  • You should indicate the bank account name recorded in the Chart of Accounts in the QuickBooks Desktop Bank Register Name/Chart of Accounts field.

To set up the new bank account in QuickBooks, follow the steps below:

1. Go to Lists menu at the top and select Chart of Accounts.
  2. Scroll down and click the Account drop-down.
  3. Click New.
  4. Select Bank, then click Continue.
  5. Enter the bank account information.
  6. Hit Save & Close.

Right after filling out the form, submit it through email or fax. 

• Email (recommended): sbpfcsoperations@intuit.com.
  • Fax: 877.699.8996

You should receive an email confirmation after 3-5 business days. When that happens, activate the new bank account by verifying the test debits in QuickBooks Desktop.

Check out these articles for more information: 

That should get you pointed in the right direction.

Touch base with me here if you need anything else. I’m always ready to help. Cheering you to continued success!

ignitedsgn
Level 1

I have the same issue but am a desktop customer. How do I update? It is stuck in verification stage and will not allow me to do anything?

Tori B
QuickBooks Team

Hey there, @ignitedsgn

Thanks for following the thread. 

As mentioned by my colleague RoseMarjorieA, once you changed your direct deposit account, you'd need to wait for two banking days for the two test debits to verify the account. If you've waited longer than two days, I recommend contacting our support team, as they have the tools available to pull your account in a secure environment and see if there's an issue on the back end causing the holdup. I've included the steps below to contact support.

1. Open QuickBooks.
  2. Go to Help, then select QuickBooks Desktop Help.
  3. Hit Contact Us.

In the meantime, you can check out: Change your direct deposit bank account for QuickBooks Desktop Payroll for more details. 

Please let me know if you have additional questions or concerns. I'm here to help you every step of the way. You can always reach out to the Community or me anytime you need assistance. Take care! 

DSemrau
Level 1

The file is currently in limbo at the validate your debit stage for an incorrect account number.  Any insight on how to correct this in the desktop version of QuickBooks?

AileneA
QuickBooks Team

Hello, DSemrau. 

Thank you for reaching out to the Community. As much as I love to help you, however, this is a public forum. I recommend reaching out to our customer support team. This way, one of our representative agents will pull up your account and help you correct the incorrect account number.  

1. Tap Help inside QuickBooks.
  2. Go to QuickBooks Desktop Help.
  3. In the Have a Question? window, click Contact us.
  4. Enter a brief description of your issue, then press Lets talk.
  5. Choose a way to connect with us:
  • Start a chat
  • Get a callback 

Just a heads up, we have limited stuffing due to the pandemic. To ensure your concern gets prioritize, you can check out our support hours availability. 

Keep me posted on how the contact goes by commenting below. I'll be around until you sort it out. Have a great day!

Need to get in touch?

Contact us