cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dracinelli
Level 1

I have to pay commissions based on payments received by the customer, how do I get a report on the detail? I cannot find a report that gives details.

I have to pay commissions based on payments received by the customer, how do I get a report on the detail? I cannot find a report that gives details on the invoices paid on transaction detail it only shows amount paid and not the invoices associated with it to calculate commission

Solved
Best answer December 10, 2018

Best Answers
qbteachmt
Level 15

I have to pay commissions based on payments received by the customer, how do I get a report on the detail? I cannot find a report that gives details.

Run the Sales by Rep report and set it for Cash Basis = only Paid amounts.

View solution in original post

12 Comments 12
rmaytubby
Level 1

Hi Darlene, how did you solve this issue? I am facing the same challenge. Thank you! Rebecca
qbteachmt
Level 15

Darlene liked the answer already provided: Run the Sales by Rep report and set it for Cash Basis = only Paid amounts
dracinelli
Level 1

see below
dracinelli
Level 1

Oh oops wrong question  I answered - Long Day - Commission - Ran the report on Cash basis and not accrual works PERFECT!!
dracinelli
Level 1

Run the Sales by Rep report and set it for Cash Basis = only Paid amounts
qbteachmt
Level 15

Thanks, darlene. You can edit the "wrong" answer and just remove that text :smile:
rmaytubby
Level 1

Hi Darlene, Thank you for the help. This report is exactly what I need - YAY!!
qbteachmt
Level 15

Run the Sales by Rep report and set it for Cash Basis = only Paid amounts.

dracinelli
Level 1

Thank you SO much you are a life saver! Totally worked!
Raywhite28
Level 7

You need a custom report to accomplish this.

See link below. They may have a report or can write one for you.

https://clearify.com

This is not a recommendation.
kathykath61
Level 1

solved?  I cannot locate the SALES REP REPORT even with a search on the reports. What am I missing?

katherinejoyceO
QuickBooks Team

Hi there, @kathykath61.

Welcome to the Community. I'll walk you through running the Sales By Rep Detail report. 

Here's how: 

1. In the Reports menu.
  2. Select Sales.
  3. Choose the Sales by Rep Detail

You can also click the Customize Report button should you need to capture specific details you only want to show in a report. 

If you're still unable to locate the report, I'd recommend you update QuickBooks to its latest release. Here's how: 

1. From the Help menu, choose Update QuickBooks.
  2. Go to the Update Now tab.
  3. Select Get Updates to start the download.

Once done, restart QuickBooks. Then, accept the option to install the new release when prompted. 

If the steps above don't work for you, I'd suggest you run the Verify and Rebuild tools to troubleshoot unusual behavior and potential data issues. 

Let me know if you have additional questions. We're always here to guide. 

Need to get in touch?

Contact us