Is QB Pro 2014 compatible with Windows 8.1?

Does anyone know if QB Pro 2014 is officially compatible with Windows 8.1? I don't want to purchase the new version if it's not compatible yet...with that said, I'm running QB Pro 2013 with no problems on 8.1.
  • I am in a Computer Accounting class.  We will be getting the QuickBooks 2014 edition.  Will that be Windows 8.1 compatible?
  • Hi. Intuit Support advisors on this forum keep saying it is Ok but QuickBooks do not seem to be officially saying it is compatible, so until they do I am not going to risk upgrading my system to 8.1.
  • No it is not compatible. A patch is imminent though. Outlook is not available on the preferences tab, so you cannot send invoices to your customers using Outlook 2013.
  • I am running Windows 8.1 and QB14 Premier Edition. I have to go back to QB Pro 2013 and Office 2007 which work perfectly with Win 8.1 until the patches fix this issue.
Cancel

Hi to all,

I would concur on what JustinG said. 

QuickBooks 2014 is well matched with Windows 8 when we tested it on that platform. Since Microsoft Windows has the recent updates (from Windows 8 to Windows 8.1)  changes have to be examined and reviewed. 

The said updates were sent out after we released QuickBooks 2014 and because of this - most customers have been affected, so as with the program as a whole.

Most of these issues have been reported and we are working to address all.

• I am not clear as to what issues you mean. The bottom line is - is it safe for me to upgrade from Windows 8 to 8.1? I believe the upgrade is not reversible.
Cancel
QB pro 2014 is compatible with Windows 8.1 for more info check here http://support.quickbooks.intuit.com/support/Articles/INF24382
  • So is QB Pro 2013 compatible with Windows 8.1 and Server 2012 R2? The link you provide only shows Windows 8, not 8.1, which is all that 2013 shows as well.
  • I purchased QBPro 2014 and it won't install. I'm using Windows 8.1.  While attempting to install it uninstalled my QB 2011, so now I have nothing.
  • I checked this article re QuickBooks Pro 2014 and it does not mention  8.1
  • I have QuickBooks ProPlus 2014, worked with Windows 8, but now that I have upgraded to Windows 8.1 it does not open properly and will not install portable back-ups - help, struggling!
  • QB Pro 2014 installed on my Win 8.1, but it has strange issues. Data disappears.  Randomly QB states it has to restart.When I exit QB, the process doesn't end.  This is bad!
Cancel

That's great- but not compatible with Office 2013- so How for the life of Pete do we send invoices with Outlook then.

• I send invoices out of QB 2014 on a Windows 8.1 maching with Office 2013...don't know why you're having problems but it works fine.
Cancel
Contribute an answer

People come to Small Business Community for help and answers—we want to let them know that we're here to listen and share our knowledge. We do that with the style and format of our responses. Here are five guidelines:

1. Keep it conversational. When answering questions, write like you speak. Imagine you're explaining something to a trusted friend, using simple, everyday language. Avoid jargon and technical terms when possible. When no other word will do, explain technical terms in plain English.
  2. Be clear and state the answer right up front. Ask yourself what specific information the person really needs and then provide it. Stick to the topic and avoid unnecessary details. Break information down into a numbered or bulleted list and highlight the most important details in bold.
  3. Be concise. Aim for no more than two short sentences in a paragraph, and try to keep paragraphs to two lines. A wall of text can look intimidating and many won't read it, so break it up. It's okay to link to other resources for more details, but avoid giving answers that contain little more than a link.
  4. Be a good listener. When people post very general questions, take a second to try to understand what they're really looking for. Then, provide a response that guides them to the best possible outcome.
  5. Be encouraging and positive. Look for ways to eliminate uncertainty by anticipating people's concerns. Make it apparent that we really like helping them achieve positive outcomes.
Cancel