Can I convert from Quickbooks 2012 for Mac to Quickbooks for Mac 2014?

I currently run Quickbooks 2012 for Mac on a Mac Pro using OS X version 10.6.8.  I am thinking about upgrading to the latest Mac OS version, Mavericks X, at which point I will need to upgrade to Quickbooks 2014 for Mac.  However, first I need to be sure that I can convert my data from the earlier to the later version of Quickbooks.  A confirmation of this would be much appreciated.
  • Im running Mac 2012 currently. I downloaded a copy of 2014, but I haven't started using it yet. Yesterday I was backing up my data. When I open Mac 2012 my data from the latest backup is gone. Where has my backup gone. Do you think it under the 2014 copy, even if I haven't opened it yet.
  • I would expect the backup file to be in the location you have specified in your preferences.
  • I was just told on the phone by Intuit that I can upgrade my iMac to Mavericks from OS X version 10.8.4 without upgrading from Quickbooks 2012.  However you noted that you would need to upgrade to 2014 to be compatible with Mavericks.  Where did you find that requirement information?
Cancel
Looks like we should have converted to Mac v2014 THEN installed the new OS X operating system. We did it the other way around and the file is now corrupted. Intuit has attempted 3 times to correct , no luck so far. So please make sure you do it in the right order
  • The order should not matter.  A good thing to do though is to verify and rebuild the file if necessary while in 2012 before you convert (in fact, if you still have the old file and 2012 you can do that and see if the file was corrupt prior to being exported).
Cancel
Contribute an answer

People come to Small Business Community for help and answers—we want to let them know that we're here to listen and share our knowledge. We do that with the style and format of our responses. Here are five guidelines:

1. Keep it conversational. When answering questions, write like you speak. Imagine you're explaining something to a trusted friend, using simple, everyday language. Avoid jargon and technical terms when possible. When no other word will do, explain technical terms in plain English.
  2. Be clear and state the answer right up front. Ask yourself what specific information the person really needs and then provide it. Stick to the topic and avoid unnecessary details. Break information down into a numbered or bulleted list and highlight the most important details in bold.
  3. Be concise. Aim for no more than two short sentences in a paragraph, and try to keep paragraphs to two lines. A wall of text can look intimidating and many won't read it, so break it up. It's okay to link to other resources for more details, but avoid giving answers that contain little more than a link.
  4. Be a good listener. When people post very general questions, take a second to try to understand what they're really looking for. Then, provide a response that guides them to the best possible outcome.
  5. Be encouraging and positive. Look for ways to eliminate uncertainty by anticipating people's concerns. Make it apparent that we really like helping them achieve positive outcomes.
Cancel