how to transfer a quickbooks bank account file from one quickbooks company to another

I have a buisness bank account and personal bank accounts under one Quickbooks company. My accountatn wants them seperated. Can I start a new Quickbooks company and transfer just the business bank account transactions without the personal bank account data included?
    Cancel
    Not from within QB. You'll need a 3rd party app, check here http://marketplace.intuit.com
    • Which App?
    • You'll have to search for one that will  do what you need.
    • Thanks. I could only find something for transferring to QuickBooks online.
    • Do a Google search for big red consulting.
    Cancel
    SkinnyRaven gave you one option.

The other is to save the file with a new name. Open it and go to the register of the unwanted account. Highlight one entry then click Control and D at the same time on your keyboard. Click Enter. This will delete the entry. Keep doing that until you have no more entry in this register. Delete the bank account in the COA. After a few clicks, you will be able to go very fast - do not use your mouse or it will slow you down.

This method works if your register has a reasonable amount of entries.

By the way, deleting the bank activity may also require you to delete associated entries such as bills, invoices, receive payments, credit cards, etc.
    • QB will not allow the deletion of a bank account that has any transactions.
    • Correct: delete the transactions first, then delete the bank account.
    Cancel
    Contribute an answer

People come to Small Business Community for help and answers—we want to let them know that we're here to listen and share our knowledge. We do that with the style and format of our responses. Here are five guidelines:

1. Keep it conversational. When answering questions, write like you speak. Imagine you're explaining something to a trusted friend, using simple, everyday language. Avoid jargon and technical terms when possible. When no other word will do, explain technical terms in plain English.
    2. Be clear and state the answer right up front. Ask yourself what specific information the person really needs and then provide it. Stick to the topic and avoid unnecessary details. Break information down into a numbered or bulleted list and highlight the most important details in bold.
    3. Be concise. Aim for no more than two short sentences in a paragraph, and try to keep paragraphs to two lines. A wall of text can look intimidating and many won't read it, so break it up. It's okay to link to other resources for more details, but avoid giving answers that contain little more than a link.
    4. Be a good listener. When people post very general questions, take a second to try to understand what they're really looking for. Then, provide a response that guides them to the best possible outcome.
    5. Be encouraging and positive. Look for ways to eliminate uncertainty by anticipating people's concerns. Make it apparent that we really like helping them achieve positive outcomes.
    Cancel