QuickBooks Keyboard Shortcut

General Key

-To start QuickBooks without a company file Ctrl (while opening)
-To suppress the desktop windows Alt (while opening)
(at Open Company Window)
-Display Product Information about your F2
QuickBooks version
-Close active window Esc or Ctrl+F4

Editing Key

-Edit transaction selected in register or lists Ctrl+E
-Delete character to right of insertion point Del
-Delete character to left of insertion point Backspace
-Delete line from detail area Ctrl+Del
-Insert line in detail area Ctrl+Ins
-Cut selected characters Ctrl+X
-Copy selected characters Ctrl+C
-Paste cut or copied characters Ctrl+V

Activity Key

-Copy check transaction in register Ctrl+O
-Create new invoice Ctrl+I
-Create new invoice, bill, check or list item Ctrl+N
in context
-Delete check, invoice, transaction or item Ctrl+D
from list
-Find transaction Ctrl+F
-Go to register of transfer account Ctrl+G
-History of A/R or A/P transaction Ctrl+H
-Memorize transaction or report Ctrl+M
-Open account list Ctrl+A
-Open Customer Center (Customer & Job list) Ctrl+J
-Open list for current drop-down menu Ctrl+L
-Open memorize transaction list Ctrl+ T
-Open register Ctrl+R

For more keyboard shortcuts:

http://mbsbookkeeping.blogspot.com/2011/04/quickbooks-keyboard-shortcuts.html

Cancel

Thanks!  Also, in QuickBooks Help, search for Keyboard shortcuts for a complete list.

Cancel

Thank you for the short cuts, I was not having any luck with QB "help"

Cancel

Feel free to check out our link for Tips, Tricks, and shortcut keys:

www.radiofreequickbooks.com/Resources.html

Cancel

Thanks mbsbookkeeping! This is good stuff!

Cancel

Thanks mbsbookkeeping that was very helpful and nice!

Cancel

Sill useful almost six months later.  Thanks.

Cancel

Thank you ! I know some other shortcuts.. Coz I am sick on doing it on mouse clicking,,

Cancel

Anyone have info on shortcuts the following items:

• create estimate
                  • change bill back to bill (after 'ctrl+d' changed it to credit)
                  • add job
                  • recieve payment

for me these are regular daily transactions that i continue to be forced back to my mouse to do.

•  Allout,  There is no shortcuts for those.  The quickest way is to add them to the toolbar. 
                  • No offense, but that pretty much defeats the point of shortcut keys.  I'll still have to switch to the mouse...  just wish there was a way to know if intuit really ever reads our suggestions. Thanks for the response!
                  Cancel

There are shortcuts to nearly everything in QB, if you hit the Alt key. You will see little underlines. This is the "ALT Shortcuts" and this is Windows-compliant shortcuts.

Add Job from the customer center would be Alt +N, then +A, and you don't even need the ALT menu turned on for this. Look at the tabs in the customer list, at the top of the Customer Names, to see the underlines are already turned on here.

From the Home Page, it would be Alt +U, then C, then N, then A.

"change bill back to bill (after 'ctrl+d' changed it to credit)"

Alt +D, then Shift-Tab, then Spacebar. Spacebar selects radio buttons and checkmarks boxes.

Create estimate (from home page) is Atl +U, then +E.

Receive Payment is Atl +U, then +Y (from the Home page). From the Customer Center, you also can use Alt +T, then +Y.

Just keep holding the Alt and hit the various shortcut keys.

• Thanks!  I'm not one who enjoys constantly switching between the mouse & the keyboard.  I guess I never paid much attention to the 'alt' option...  still a little tedious at times & i don't like the fact that the button on my keyboard that serves as right-click in every other program does not in QB.   But this suggestion has helpped in certain situations...
                  Cancel
                  Contribute an answer

People come to Small Business Community for help and answers—we want to let them know that we're here to listen and share our knowledge. We do that with the style and format of our responses. Here are five guidelines:

1. Keep it conversational. When answering questions, write like you speak. Imagine you're explaining something to a trusted friend, using simple, everyday language. Avoid jargon and technical terms when possible. When no other word will do, explain technical terms in plain English.
                  2. Be clear and state the answer right up front. Ask yourself what specific information the person really needs and then provide it. Stick to the topic and avoid unnecessary details. Break information down into a numbered or bulleted list and highlight the most important details in bold.
                  3. Be concise. Aim for no more than two short sentences in a paragraph, and try to keep paragraphs to two lines. A wall of text can look intimidating and many won't read it, so break it up. It's okay to link to other resources for more details, but avoid giving answers that contain little more than a link.
                  4. Be a good listener. When people post very general questions, take a second to try to understand what they're really looking for. Then, provide a response that guides them to the best possible outcome.
                  5. Be encouraging and positive. Look for ways to eliminate uncertainty by anticipating people's concerns. Make it apparent that we really like helping them achieve positive outcomes.
                  Cancel