How to resolve PDF issues on windows 8?
On Windows 8 Emailing forms, previous bank reconciliation reports, and saving as PDF within the program may get resolved by the following Steps:
1. Download and extract the Windows 7 XPS document writer printer drivers containing folder from here Microsoft XPS Document Writer Click File and Download.
2. Copy and paste this folder to C Drive\Windows\System32.
3. Open Devices and Printers using Windows key+ R to get the run box and type Control.exe Printers and press Enter.
4. Right Click Microsoft XPS Document Writer and Click Remove Device.
5. Click Add a new printer and Click on “A printer that wasn’t listed”
6. Select “add local printer with manual settings” and Click next.
7. Select the radio button Create a new Port,Type of port Local port and Click next.
8. Enter a port as XPS and click ok.
9. Click have disk and Browse to the C Drive\Windows\System32\Microsoft XPS Document Writer
10.Select prnms001 file and click open and the ok.
11. Select replace Current drivers and next.
12. Type a printer name will show up as Microsoft XPS Document Writer just click next and Finish.
Test: Open Quickbooks and open any invoice and Click File and Save as PDF and save to the desktop and check if that invoice got saved as PDF.