cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tanya5
Level 1

Processing a payrun, automatically adds 38 hrs to casual wage and doesn't allow for adjustment why?

7 Comments 7
Kristine Mae

Processing a payrun, automatically adds 38 hrs to casual wage and doesn't allow for adjustment why?

It looks like the employee is set up to work for 38 hours per week, Tanya5. Let's go ahead and check the pay run default. From there, you can adjust it.

Here's how:

1. Click Employees
  2. Select the employee.
  3. Go to Pay Run Defaults.
  4. In the Normally works section, check the hours per week field.
  5. You can change it, then click Save.

The hours entered in the Pay Run Defaults will automatically show when processing the payroll. Should you wish you change the total hours again, you can click the Pencil icon next to the employee's name on the Pay Run page (refer to my screenshot below). 

Once done making sure all details are correct in the pay run, you can finalise it. 

If there's anything else you need, please let us know. We'd be happy to help you again. 

tanya5
Level 1

Thank you, unfortunately that is what I have done, but still seems to be picking up an extra 38 hrs somewhere?

Does it relate to the warnings?

see below screen shot attachment. 

Terina Carr
Content Creator

Hi tanya5, the extra 38 hours that have been added are you able at all to manually remove these hours?

This may be caused by a template running in the background. 

tanya5
Level 1

The issue seems to be with the allowance - ie it is adding in 5 days as hours not as 5 days?

Terina Carr
Content Creator

Okay tanya5 no worries, are you using leave allowance templates at all?

tanya5
Level 1

No. 

So apparently when I setup Travel Allowance it needs to be set as Fixed not Daily, if I have it setup as Daily then it will calculate the travel allowance as 7.6hrs (default standard working hours) x 5 days and then this adds the hours to the payrun total hours worked, which obviously isn't correct,  ($17 charged per day worked, and then you would add in the number of days actually worked, letting QB calculate total). I would have thought as the Travel Allowance is setup as an "allowance", that it wouldn't add the hours into ordinary earnings hours. The only way I can get around is by adjusting to Fixed and manually adding up and then enter final amount in, doesn't seem right to me as whats the point of having the option under travel allowance for a Daily unit if you can't use it correctly?

Anyway still open for advice 

RenjolynC
QuickBooks Team

We want to make sure you're able to process the employee's pay run, tanya5.

You can contact our Customer Care Team, so we can check your set up and fix this. 

Here’s how you can reach us:

1. Click the Help icon located in the upper right-hand corner.
  2. In the Help window, click the Contact Us button located at the bottom.
  3. Enter your question and click Let's talk.
  4. Choose either Start a chat or Call us.

For other questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to visit us here. Thanks.