cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SydJasonB
Level 2

I want to run a batch report on several products selected from the Products and Services list.

4 Comments 4
Bonny_

I want to run a batch report on several products selected from the Products and Services list.

Hi SydJasonB,

You can generate a Product/Service List Report and make it include certain products you want from the Products and Services list.

To do this (Note these steps are only accessible on QuickBooks Online Essentials or Plus):

1. Select the Gear Icon, then select Products and Services.
  2. Select More on the top right of the screen, then select Run report.
  3. Select Customise on the top right, then select the Filter section.
  4. Select the dropdown next to Product/Service, and tick the products/services you would like to include in the report.
  5. Select Run report.

You can further customise this report by selecting the small gear icon on the top right of the report, then ticking the columns you would like to include or remove.

Hope this helps!

Bonny

SydJasonB
Level 2

Hi Bonny,

Thanks for the response.  The problem is that method is very tedious as we have over 2,000 products and to look through the filter dropdown to find each item I want reported takes forever and is prone to missing items.

Ideally you would be able to search for the items in the Products and Services main screen and run a report only on the checked items.  Alternatively you should be able to search the filter dropdown when following your method.  As far as I can tell, you can only scroll through the entire list and select what you want individually.

Cheers,

Jason

Joey Ann
QuickBooks Team

Hi Jason, 

Thank you for your response. 

The workflow that I have showed you is currently the only way to produce the report that you require for the selected products. 

The flow that you described is also a great idea especially for businesses with a large number of products and I am encouraging you to put an enhancement request through via: 

Cog Wheel > Feedback 

Your feedback will be sent through to our product team for review. 

Thank you.

SydJasonB
Level 2

Done.