cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
BT74
Level 1

Can quick books keep track of Stock market Equities as Inventory? Thank you in advance for your help. Blaine

2 Comments 2
Mark_R
QuickBooks Team

Can quick books keep track of Stock market Equities as Inventory? Thank you in advance for your help. Blaine

Hi there, Blaine.

You can consider setting up a non-inventory or inventory type to track your stock market equities. Let me guide you how.

Using non-inventory type will track purchases or investments from a vendor. While inventory type will keep track of the quantity on hand or being sold.

Here's how to set up and track your inventory:

1. Click the Gear icon, select Products and Services.
  2. Select New.
  3. Choose either Inventory or Non-inventory type where you want to track your stock market.
  4. Fill out the necessary information.
  5. Click Save and close.

Once done, you can run the Sales by Product/Service Detail report to review your inventory status. For your reference, you can check out this article for the detailed steps and information: Use Reports to see your Sales and Inventory Status.

I've also got additional articles you can read on for more details: 

In case you need tips and related articles in the future, visit our QuickBooks Community help website for reference: QBO Self-help

Please know that you can always get back to this post if you have any other questions. I'll be right here to help.

Rustler
Level 15

@Mark_R 

You can consider setting up a non-inventory or inventory type to track your stock market equities. Let me guide you how.

Ludicrous, absolutely ludicrous.  Non inventory does not track or stock anything.

another answer for answers sake it seems

@BT74 

No QB is totally unsuited for stock market transactions, Quicken is the best I have seen for personal stock market manipulations, but now adays that is yet another subscription unless you can find someone with a CD of an older version

QB is business accounting

Need to get in touch?

Contact us