Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Everything you need to know about banking in QuickBooks Online - Discover more
Anonymous
Not applicable

Quickbooks Pro 2016 trial version

Hi, 

I have bought Quickbooks 2019 Pro version but since the current Quickbooks I am using is an old version I was advised by Quickbooks CustomerCare to download 2016 trial version. I installed the trial version but I cannot restore file or choose any other option. Refer to attached file. When I press any option nothing happens. 

Anybody had this problem? If yes how did you resolve it. 

4 REPLIES 4
Chris_H
QuickBooks Team

Hi Aarona-borg.

Welcome back to the community!

I have 2 suggestions as to how we can get this resolved for you.

1) Click on the 'Open a sample company file' and then load this up. Once the sample company file is open you will be able to choose the 'File' menu from the top tool bar, and then choose 'Open or restore company' and restore either a backup file of your company (.QBB) or the actual working company file (.QBW)

2) If it is the case that nothing at all is responsive with the trial, I would suggest first entirely closing down the QuickBooks trial and reopen it. If that does not work, I would suggest completely uninstalling the QB 2016 trial and then re installing to see if it will become any more responsive.

Which old version of QuickBooks desktop are you using?

Thanks,

Chris.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am using QuickBooks 2002 at the moment.

Please note I already tried to reinstall it but still it is unresponsive. Do you have another solution as I really need to upgrade the file. 

Thanks. 

Chris_H
QuickBooks Team

Thanks Aarona-borg.

If you are using 2002  then your file will need to go through a few different gateway versions in order to get it migrated into QuickBooks 2019, so I'm afraid even if we were able to get your 2016 trial working this would not allow restore of your old company file.

We have a data services team who handle these migrations from old versions of QuickBooks desktop into the newest. If you are able to speak to one of our desktop customer success agents they will be able to submit the case and guide you through the process of uploading your company file for it to be upgraded.

Please call them on 0808 168 9535 and select the option for QuickBooks desktop support.

Thanks,

Chris.

Anonymous
Not applicable

hi @Anonymous ,

You need to convert your file gradually from 2002 version to 2019 or 2020. Call Support and ask Intuit Data Service to convert it. Otherwise, you have to purchase a 3rd party conversion service.

Need to get in touch?

Contact us