cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Hhanson9999
Level 2

changing customer info that will carry over to open jobs

Does anyone know how to set up QBs to automatically update the open jobs for a particular customer, whenever changes are made in the Customer file?? For example: We have customers that have 10-15 open jobs - when I want to update the customer address..or email address..or contact person - I change iti

1 Comment 1
LauraAB
QuickBooks Team

changing customer info that will carry over to open jobs

Hello Hhanson9999,

It's great that you're using QuickBooks Desktop to track your customer jobs. It sounds like business is doing well since you have customers that have so many jobs attached to them, too!

Tracking job costs is an excellent way to keep track of the various projects you have going for your customers. When you change things such as the address directly from the invoice or transaction, QuickBooks will give you a message reading: This change will reflect in your current transaction. Do you want to make it permanent i.e. to reflect in all your past and future transactions? Clicking Yes here will change the address for all transactions as well as the job's portion of the customer profile. It won't, however, change across all the jobs or even the main customer profile.

I can see how this would be useful when you want to change the information for each one without going into every project individually. I recommend submitting feedback to the product development team. It's just a few easy steps: select the Help menu and then Send Feedback Online

Don't hesitate to ask more questions! Enjoy the rest of your day.

Need to get in touch?

Contact us