cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
omar222
Level 1

Limit access of book keeper to not allow cheque writing

Hi, it appears to me there are very limited ways to set users rights in Quickbooks online.  I am hoping I'm wrong.

I would like to hire a virtual bookkeeper to take transactions that are automatically downloaded from my bank into quickbooks and do the proper accounting and sales tax accounting. BUT I do not want the bookkeeper to have access to writing cheques and paying bills.  I'm worried about fraud here.  

Can this be done?

Thanks

Brad

1 Comment 1
LauraAB
QuickBooks Team

Limit access of book keeper to not allow cheque writing

Hello Brad,

Thanks for reaching out and explaining what you're looking for with user permissions for your bookkeeper. I can appreciate the desire to avoid compromising situations for your business. I'll go over the user permission options in QuickBooks Online so you can get a better sense of what your options are.

The user permission options in QuickBooks Online allow you to set up four regular user types: standard user, company admin, reports only user, and time tracking only user. There's also the ability to add two accountant users. I've got an article here that goes into further details about each user type: Learn about user types in QuickBooks Online

I recommend exploring the accountant, company admin, or standard user with full access for your bookkeeper to be able to do the work they need with the accounting side. Note, however, that these accesses don't prevent the bookkeeper from create transactions in the system. Customizing user access in this way isn't available at this time. You're welcome to leave feedback about this for the product development team through the Gear icon in your account. We love hearing from users about what changes we can put in place to make bookkeeping even easier.

Here are a few more articles about user accesses for your reference.

I hope that helps! Feel free to ask more questions.

Need to get in touch?

Contact us