cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Everything you need to know about banking in QuickBooks Online - Discover more
Arzini
Level 3

How do I create advance invoice for the next month without adding it to current month A/R?

We manage condominium associations and we bill our tenants in advance for association dues. For example, the current month is September and on September 20, we will send invoices regarding Association Dues for the month of October. The problem is, QB adds it already for the current month Accounts Receivable. Our method is, Assoc. Dues for October should be added to the total of A/R for October. Is there a way I can do this? I've tried re-changing the date but it didn't seem to work.

Solved
Best answer September 19, 2019

Accepted Solutions
Mark_R
QuickBooks Team

How do I create advance invoice for the next month without adding it to current month A/R?

Hi there, @Arzini.

Let's edit the invoice date to show the association dues for October instead of the current month in your A/R Aging report. 

When creating an invoice, you'll need to make sure that the invoice date will be dated base on your association dues. This way, your invoice will show on the month of the association dues in the A/R report.

Here's how to edit your invoice date:

1. Go to the Customer Center menu.
  2. Select the customer, then find the invoice.
  3. In the Date section, edit the date into the association dues for October.
  4. Click Save and Close.1.PNG

Once done, you can now review the A/R Aging report to double-check. 

Moving forward, you can utilize the Invoice Memorize Transactions to automate transactions entry upon creating monthly invoices.

1. Go to the Customers menu, select Create Invoices.
  2. Fill out the necessary information.
  3. Click the Memorize option from the Invoice Menu.
  4. Select Automate Transaction Entry.
  5. Choose Monthly from the How Often drop-down.
  6. Select the next date.
  7. Enter the necessary information you want to add.
  8. Click OK.

Here's an article you can read on for more details: Create, Edit, or Delete Memorized Transactions.

In case you can to send progress invoices in the future, you can check out this article for your reference: Set up and Send Progress Invoices in QuickBooks Desktop.

Feel free to visit us again if you have any other questions with QuickBooks. We're always here to help.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Mark_R
QuickBooks Team

Hi there, @Arzini.

Let's edit the invoice date to show the association dues for October instead of the current month in your A/R Aging report. 

When creating an invoice, you'll need to make sure that the invoice date will be dated base on your association dues. This way, your invoice will show on the month of the association dues in the A/R report.

Here's how to edit your invoice date:

1. Go to the Customer Center menu.
  2. Select the customer, then find the invoice.
  3. In the Date section, edit the date into the association dues for October.
  4. Click Save and Close.1.PNG

Once done, you can now review the A/R Aging report to double-check. 

Moving forward, you can utilize the Invoice Memorize Transactions to automate transactions entry upon creating monthly invoices.

1. Go to the Customers menu, select Create Invoices.
  2. Fill out the necessary information.
  3. Click the Memorize option from the Invoice Menu.
  4. Select Automate Transaction Entry.
  5. Choose Monthly from the How Often drop-down.
  6. Select the next date.
  7. Enter the necessary information you want to add.
  8. Click OK.

Here's an article you can read on for more details: Create, Edit, or Delete Memorized Transactions.

In case you can to send progress invoices in the future, you can check out this article for your reference: Set up and Send Progress Invoices in QuickBooks Desktop.

Feel free to visit us again if you have any other questions with QuickBooks. We're always here to help.

Arzini
Level 3

How  does the "Days in advance to enter" work?

KhimG
QuickBooks Team

Glad to see you again, @Arzini.

The Days In Advance To Enter gives you the ability to send the invoice to clients before the transaction date. The system will create the entry on the specified number of days entered on that field, but the posting will be whatever you select for Next Date. 

If you have any questions or need clarifications, let me know. I'm always here to help. Take care!

Need to get in touch?

Contact us