cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Arletteh
Level 1

Creating and Lodging an Amended Finalisation Event

Hi,

I pay weekly.  I made a mistake on the pay run (period 22-28 July 2019)  for two employees where i did not type the correct hours.  I put less hours and the rate is different too but the payment on my bank statement is correct. See sample below.

Real       hours 41.5 Rate $22.30 = $925.45 -  tax $157 = $768.45  I paid $768.45  Date 30-07-2019

Mistake hours 28    Rate $15       = $420       -  tax $13   = $407  This is in the Pay Slip Date 30-07-2019     

How can I fix this mistake in both, payslip and ATO STP as I already lodged it.   

I read about Creating and Lodging an Amended Finalisation Event my quick books does not show amended finalisation event.  Also, I read that it is possible to do it just in the next 14 days.

I need to fix the pay run as the amount on it is not matching with the payment on the bank statement.  Also, I need to let ATO know about the mistake.

Is anyone knows how to proceed.  Thank you for your help.

Arletteh

1 Comment 1
Kristine Mae

Creating and Lodging an Amended Finalisation Event

Yes, we can fix this, Arletteh. We'll need to create a payroll correction so the payment will match your bank statement.

I suggest getting in touch with our payroll support. An agent will pull up your account and will make some changes. Here's how:

1. Click Employees.
  2. Select Payroll Support.

If you need our help, we're just around the corner.