Did you mean: 
Announcements
Everything you need to know about banking in QuickBooks Online - Discover more
Mike Petty
Level 2

Employee Centre Missing Most Of The Time

The Setup:

QB Pro 2019 Desktop with Payroll

Additional licence for extra user, over and above the 2 users permitted under the original licence

2 full-access user accounts normally in use.

The company file resides on a Server. The QB executables exist on the Server, as well as on the users’ PCs.

Running file doctor, etc. has no impact on this problem.

Running in Single User or Multiuser modes has no impact on this problem.

The Problem:

Although both user accounts are set for full access, the Employee Centre is usually absent, this includes for the Admin account. By usually absent I mean that normally the Employees pane on the Home screen is missing.  The Employees drop-down menu is always present, but when the Employees pane is missing the menu has a limited number of items.  One of the items is always Employee Centre, which will open the Employee Centre, but the Payroll tab is always missing when QB is in this “usual” mode.  There is another variant of this problem where the Employees pane is present on the Home screen, but when accessed the Payroll tab is missing.  When in this “usual” mode, I cannot carry out any payroll functions, other than editing employee details.

I have a work around, which is not very satisfactory, but works eventually for a short period. If I create a new account with full access, say, User3, then this will have access to all payroll functions for about a day, after which the Employee Centre will go missing for this new account.  Sometimes I have to create a sequence of new accounts until I create one where the payroll functions are accessible, but there seems to be no pattern to this.

This problem did not exist until we started using more than the Admin account.

Mike

4 REPLIES 4
Chris_H
QuickBooks Team

Hi Mike,

Welcome back to the community!

If It's OK with you I'm going to private message you, as in my experience this issue is usually caused by License sync issues, which will mean me verifying license information with you.

Thanks,

Chris.

Mike Petty
Level 2

Chris

Gladly. But can you confirm that you are part of QB/Intuit?

Mike

Chris_H
QuickBooks Team

Hi Mike,

Yes sure, I will private message you my Intuit Email address and we can correspond directly that way.

Please also see a link to my profile where it states I am a member of the 'QuickBooks Team' and my historical posts in response to questions concerning QuickBooks desktop UK.

https://quickbooks.intuit.com/learn-support/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/279499

Thanks,

Chris.

Mike Petty
Level 2

Chris

Thanks. Please go ahead and send your e-mail address.

Mike

Need to get in touch?

Contact us