cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Everything you need to know about banking in QuickBooks Online - Discover more
Mollcons
Level 4

Why does QB Windows app persistently need to be closed TWICE and restarted?

I have noted this extremely annoying behaviour over the last several months.

When I return to my PC, even after only an hour, I find that none of the tabs I left open is usable. To reuse, I have to close the app, restart, close again and then restart a second time.

When is this going to be fixed?

1 REPLY 1
RaymondJayO

Why does QB Windows app persistently need to be closed TWICE and restarted?

Thanks for bringing this concern to our attention here in the Community, @Mollcons

I understand it can get annoying to close your QB Windows app twice and restart it over the last several months. We want this resolved as much as you do, and ensure everything will be taken care of. 

For now, we don't have a specific timeline as to when the resolution will be available. But rest assured, our engineers are treating this issue with the utmost urgency and doing their best to implement a permanent fix. I'd suggest accessing your QBO company via a supported browser as an alternative method.

In line with this, I encourage you to contact our Customer Care Team. This way, you'll get email notifications for any updates about this issue. Here's how: 

1. Go to the Help menu at the upper right.
  2. Select Contact Us.
  3. Enter your concern.
  4. Click Let’s talk.
  5. Select either Get a callback or Start messaging.
  6. Type in your contact info.
  7. Choose either Call me or Send message.

Check out this helpful article: QuickBooks App for Windows and Mac. This link provides detailed steps on how to reset data, uninstall, and reinstall the app. 

I want you to know that you've got me here if you have any other concerns. I'll be right here to help.

Need to get in touch?

Contact us