cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Uberdriver
Level 2

Quick books Self employed for Uber drivers in Alberta, Canada

Hello, I’m working as an Uber driver and every time I receive my 75% of the amount from all of the trips I made it also have GST added to my portion. That GST was collected from the whole amount. And the GST part in my payment is always different, not 5%. To calculate properly my income after expenses and the amount GST owing to the CRA we should be able to manually input the GST portion. Thanks 

Solved
Best answer September 18, 2019

Best Answers
ShiellaGraceA
QuickBooks Team

Thanks for the detailed information, Uberdriver.

While this option isn't available in QuickBooks Self-Employed, I can send a product request directly to our engineers in your behalf. They can consider this feature added in the future update.

Meanwhile, you can use the above steps to add the GST amount to your tracked trips.

Please know that you're always welcome to post anytime if you have additional questions.

View solution in original post

4 Comments 4
ShiellaGraceA
QuickBooks Team

Hello Uberdriver,

You can create a transaction to add the GST portion manually. Let me guide you how.

1. In the left navigation panel, click Transactions.
  2. Click the Add transaction button.
  3. Enter the Date, Transaction, and the Amount
  4. Choose GST/HST paid to CRA under Select a category if you've already paid the GST to the CRA. If not, please consult with your accountant.
  5. Click Save.

Please attached screenshot below.

I've also added our page about CRA and documenting your vehicle for future reference.

I'll be around if you have additional questions. Don't hesitate to reach out.

Uberdriver
Level 2

Hello, I’ll be paying my GST at the end of the year, ONCE. That what exactly my point. If I could choose the amount in $CAD instead of 5%, 10%, I could know exactly what is my net income. The exact amount of GST I can see in my Uber partner platform in the statement, BUT I can’t use it in Quick Books. It would have been nice to have: 1)GST Amount or 2) GST payable/owed to CRA category. Thanks for your prompt response:)

ShiellaGraceA
QuickBooks Team

Thanks for the detailed information, Uberdriver.

While this option isn't available in QuickBooks Self-Employed, I can send a product request directly to our engineers in your behalf. They can consider this feature added in the future update.

Meanwhile, you can use the above steps to add the GST amount to your tracked trips.

Please know that you're always welcome to post anytime if you have additional questions.

Uberdriver
Level 2

Thank you again for the prompt and wise response. :) 

Need to get in touch?

Contact us