cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
NEW Connect to DBS IDEAL direct bank feeds Click here
proyectomoose
Level 1

Can i create an invoice adding the products using a cvs file?

I need to upload the products i just bought as an vendor invoice.

I dont't want to just import products, i need to associate these products with my vendor, I can´t do this manually from "create an invoice" because i have more than 400 products.

I hope someone would help me!

Thanks!
1 Comment 1
MJoy_D

Can i create an invoice adding the products using a cvs file?

Let's add your inventory items and associate it to your vendors/suppliers, digistorebsas.

You can import your products through excel or CSV file to add it in your QuickBooks Online account. From here, you can manually create the vendor invoice or bill to add the product right after. 

To do this, let's turn on your inventory tracking. Once done, you can now import your CSV/Excel file.

Set your settings to track inventory:

1. Go to Settings ⚙ and select Account and Settings.
  2. Tap Sales from the left menu. Then, click the Edit ✎ in the Products and Services section.
  3. Turn on Show Product/Service column on sales formsTrack quantity and price/rate and Track inventory quantity on hand.
  4. Hit Save and then Done.

You can now import your file:

1. Go back to your Settings ️, then click on Import Data and select Products and Services.
  2. On the page that appears, select Browse to add your Excel file.
  3. Select Open and then Next.
  4. Map your info. Take note that Your Field represents the headers on the spreadsheet. From each ▼ drop-down menu, choose the one which corresponds to each QuickBooks Online field. Then, click Next.
  5. Select Import.

You can get a sample file where you can base your CSV file format to import it successfully through this article: Import products and services from Excel.

From here, you can now create a bill/vendor invoice and associate your product with it:

1. From the Create  icon, select Bill.
  2. On the Supplier drop-down menu, select your supplier/vendor.
  3. Provide all the necessary information for this bill.
  4. Tap Save and close.

See this article for more information: How to enter and pay bills.

If you need further assistance with your inventory items or anything else, let me know by leaving a comment below. I’m always here to help you out. Have a great rest of the day.