cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kkprincell
Level 1

Error Code 557

I cannot get past an error code 557 to submit my payroll this week. Any solutions, quickly?

4 Comments 4
MaryLandT

Error Code 557

Thanks for contacting us, @kkprincell.

Let's get past of the error by updating so you can submit your payroll this week.

It's possible your payroll subscription is inactive, and that's why you're receiving the error 557. This is usually encountered in QuickBooks Desktop Payroll. 

What you need to do is re-activate the service through a web browser. Here's how:

1. Sign in to Customer Account Management Portal (CAMPs) page.
  2. On the Manage your QuickBooks page, select the product or service you would like to manage.
  3. Under Products & Services select the Payroll Subscription tile.
  4. The status of the subscription shows under the blue toolbar.
  5. You should see Canceled as the status of the subscription, click the Resubscribe link under the status.
  6. Validate if the information in the Reactivate Subscription fields are correct, then click Save and Continue.
  7. Review the Subscription details and the billing information, then click Reactivate.
  8. A pop-up message will show subscription has been reactivated, click Got it! 

It may take up to 24 hours for the reactivation of your subscription to fully complete. Your subscription will show Active once completed. 

Check this out if you want to renew it directly inside your company file: Renew or reactivate your Desktop payroll service. This article provides detailed steps and screenshots for your guidance.

Once done, you need to:

Keep me posted if there's anything else you need and I'll get back to you.

MadHatLady13
Level 1

Error Code 557

Your fix did not work.  Everything shows as active, but when I try to send my payroll information for Direct Deposit, I receive:  "Problem   Quickbooks must be registered before using Quickbooks Enhanced Payroll for unlimited employees service.  Solution   Register this copy of Quickbooks before using the service."  I then try to register, and it tells me that it is already registered.  Then, I try logging into my payroll service and get this message: "Error 557  We're having a problem verifying your account status. Contact Us for help resolving the issue."  I am tired and very frustrated.  Please help!

JamesDuanT

Error Code 557

Thanks for trying the troubleshooting steps provided above, MadHatLady13. 

Let's get rid of the errors one at a time. 

The registration error usually occurs if the Entitlement file is damaged. Let's follow the Solutions in this article to fix the file: Fix license, validation, and registration errors in QuickBooks Desktop.

Once we get rid of the registration error, we can review your payroll subscription. You can follow the steps provided by MaryLandT on the earlier response. That includes updating the QuickBooks release and the payroll tax table.

You'll want to close and reopen QuickBooks to help the program refresh and apply those updates.

If the same thing happens, I'd recommend contacting our Customer Care Team. They can review your account and provide additional troubleshooting steps.

We'll be right here if you need additional assistance. Have a great day!

Tori B
QuickBooks Team

Error Code 557

Thanks for following along with the thread and sharing your concerns, @Joshua_21

Since you've tried all the suggested steps that my colleagues have mentioned above, I recommend contacting our Customer Support Team. This way, one of our payroll agents can review your account in a secure environment and investigate this matter further. 

You can use the link I've included below to connect with our team:

Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns. Take care! 

Need to get in touch?

Contact us