NEW Connect to DBS IDEAL direct bank feeds Click here
matt57
Level 1

Is it possible to generate a trial balance report excluding opening balances

3 Comments 3
MaryLurleenM

Good day, matt,

Generating a Trial Balance report without the opening balance is unavailable. However, you can export it, and manually remove the Opening Balance Equity row.

Here's how:

1. On the Trial Balance Report window, click the export button. It's located between the print and gear icon.
  2. Select Export to Excel.
  3. Open the downloaded file.
  4. Remove the cell.
  5. Save the changes.

Let me know if there's anything else. Thank you for dropping by.

mani_1
Level 1

we are using quickbooks for multiple geographies but we are not able to generate working trial balance except for India (opening balance, debit and credit during the year and closing balance). can you please let us know how to generate trail balance with opening balance in quickbooks?

BettyJaneB
QuickBooks Team

Thanks for joining us here in the Community, @mani_1.

I have some information to share about pulling up a trial balance report that contains an opening balance in QuickBooks Online.

At this time, having the opening balance information to show on the trial balance report is only available to selected versions of QuickBooks Online. Our developers are working, so this will be visible to all versions so that it solves our customers' primary concerns. 

For now, to see the opening balance of your account, you may pull up the Transaction Detail by Account report. This way, you'll be able to view every accounts details.

For your reference, I'm adding here some articles that you can visit about the reports that you can pull up on your account and on how to customize them:

Let me know if you have any other questions, I'll be around to help you out. Have a good one!