Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Everything you need to know about banking in QuickBooks Online - Discover more
PurpleJay
Level 1

Transaction Information Not Saved

I have spent 2 hours updating all my transaction information so that everything was up to date and no transactions needed to be reviewed.  Dashboards, etc all showed correctly.  However, when I logged out and went back in again to check something everything had reset itself and it now says there are more than 20+ transactions to review - these are all the ones I had dealt with.  Is there anyway of sorting this so that I do not have to re-enter all the information again?  I cannot see a way to contact QB (UK) regarding this.

1 REPLY 1
PreciousB

Transaction Information Not Saved

I don't want you to re-check the bank transactions since you've already reviewed them, PurpleJay.

It looks like you've manually refreshed the bank accounts in QuickBooks Online Self-employed (QBSE). If so, let me give an idea how this works.

Once you connect a bank account, the program automatically downloads the data. Manually refreshing it may cause duplicates. Possibly, this is the reason why more than 20 bank transactions are showing again in your online banking.

I'm here to help you fix this. You can exclude the duplicate transactions to remove them from the tax year calculations in the Home screen. Here's how:

1. Go to Transactions on the left pane.
  2. Select the duplicate transactions.
  3. Click the Exclude button at the top.

image.png

Here's an article for the complete steps in excluding data: Exclude or delete transactions.

You can also visit this article to learn more about duplicate transactions: Handle duplicate transactions in QBSE.

Post in the Community again if you ever need anything else. I'm always available to help. Have a great day!

Need to get in touch?

Contact us