cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
sonia5
Level 1

If the conversion of data from Sage 50 to quickbooks doesn't work, error received cannot find sage/peachtree on computer?

The error indicates that Sage50/peachtree couldn't be found on my computer, both the program and data are on my locate C: drive. 

3 Comments 3
LauraAB
QuickBooks Team

If the conversion of data from Sage 50 to quickbooks doesn't work, error received cannot find sage/peachtree on computer?

Hello Sonia5,

Thanks for your interest in QuickBooks Desktop! I can appreciate wanting to bring over your data from Sage 50 so that you don't have to completely start fresh. I can help explain what's going on.

Migrating data from Sage 50 to QuickBooks Desktop isn't currently available through Intuit. Don't worry, there's still a way you can bring your data over. Reviewing the import options outlined in the Import/Export Overview, you can see what data and information can be imported manually into the program. Afterward, you can then go back to your Sage program and begin to export your data.

If you're using a third-party software to export from Sage to QuickBooks Desktop, I recommend reaching out to that third-party program to learn more about the error you're seeing.

Don't be afraid to reach out to the QuickBooks Desktop team if you need a hand with manually importing or entering your data. They can also help you with any other QuickBooks-specific questions. The number to dial is 1-877-772-9158. Learn more about support hours and policies here: Intuit QuickBooks Desktop software support policies

Feel free to stop by again. Have a great day. :)

Anonymous
Not applicable

hi @sonia5 ,

I am not sure whether the conversion tools is only applicable for QuickBooks Desktop US version.

https://quickbooks.intuit.com/learn-support/en-us/convert-data-files/use-sage-or-peachtree-conversio...

You may try it on trial license of QuickBooks 2019 US version. Once the process is completed, you may consider to convert the QuickBooks file to CA version. 

impossible
Level 6

Back in the early 90's, it was possible to convert Sage (then Simply Accounting in Canada and Peachtree in US) to QB and vice versa. That function has not been available to Canadian users since then - not sure about US. Yes, Intuit will convert your Sage 50 to QB for a hefty price but be careful. The data will not retain its integrity - all transactions are converted as Journal Entries. The best thing to do is to start fresh in QB with beginning balances. This way, you still have all data intact in Sage for easy reference if needed.

Need to get in touch?

Contact us