cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Deano2
Level 3

Limits to Classes and Accounts

If I am understanding correctly - I understand there are limits to the number of classes/locations / projects that we can have in QB (or perhaps only in some countries)

1. Is there a limit to the number of classes that we can  created in QB0 Australia?
  2. and is the a limit to the number of Accounts in our Chart of Accounts

TIA

Thanks

Solved
Best answer September 03, 2019

Best Answers
JessT

Hello there, Deano2!

The usage limit only applies to US accounts. However, if they use the Advanced version, which is only offered in the USA, they can create as many locations, classes or accounts as the want. In QuickBooks Online Australia, there's no limit.

If you have other questions, you can always go back to this thread.

View solution in original post

3 Comments 3
JessT

Hello there, Deano2!

The usage limit only applies to US accounts. However, if they use the Advanced version, which is only offered in the USA, they can create as many locations, classes or accounts as the want. In QuickBooks Online Australia, there's no limit.

If you have other questions, you can always go back to this thread.

how7
Level 1

I am serving in a young nonprofit organization.  My question is a little different. We use QuickBooks.

Typically, when do nonprofits book a donation or small grant without restrictions as a "Fund" or I should say "Class"?  My question is primarily pertaining to the dollar ceiling.  Wondering what nonprofits typically do?

I realize that in an organizations a Financial Management Policy may include a section that speaks to if we receive unrestricted donations and grants under a $1,000, a "class" will not be set up for this fund.  These funds will go in an unrestricted "General Misc. Donations/Grants Account".

Please share with me what the common practice is in light of FASB and general accepted accounting practices for nonprofits.

IntuitSheila
Level 8

Hello how7,

Welcome to the Community!

If you're using the Plus tier plan in QuickBooks Online, you can turn on and use the Class tracking in QuickBooks Online to track your transactions to group them into different categories, departments, or product lines. 

For advice on how to track the dollar ceiling for nonprofit donations or grants, we'd recommend contacting your accountant or tax advisor to assist you with how to track those transactions. You can also check and search for a QuickBooks Certified ProAdvisor to help you.

To learn more about class tracking in QuickBooks Online, you can check this link Get started with class tracking in QuickBooks Online

Please keep in touch with us here in the Community should you need any further assistance. We're always here to help.