cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ness-leigh2018
Level 1

How do you apply a purchase to a invoice as mu customer has offset his supply of goods to my invoice of service

1 Comment 1
Rasa-LilaM
QuickBooks Team

How do you apply a purchase to a invoice as mu customer has offset his supply of goods to my invoice of service

I’m happy to see you in the Online Community, ness-leigh2018.

When you and your vendor exchange items and services, the transaction is referred to as a Barter. To record the entry, create an invoice and a bill for the goods.

Before entering the transaction, make sure you've added the barter partner as a vendor for the bill and customer for the invoice. Once done, let’s go ahead and set up the bank account.

Here’s how:

1. Choose the Accounting menu to select Chart of Accounts.
  2. Click the New button to open the Account window.
  3. From the Account window, pick Bank as the Account Type and then Cash on hand for the Detail Type.
  4. Enter the account’s name in the Name field. For example, Barter Bank Account.
  5. Hit Save and Close.
    co.pngco1.pngco2.png

Now, go to the Invoice page to input the entry. I have a few easy steps to do this.

1. Click on the Plus icon at the top and go to the Customers section to select Invoice.
  2. From the Customer drop-down, pick the vendor/barter partner name.
  3. Fill in the necessary information.
  4. Click on Save.

Next, receive the payment for the transaction. To accomplish this task, navigate to the Receive Payment page.

1. Click on the Plus icon at the top and go to the Customers section to select Invoice.
  2. From the Customer drop-down, pick the vendor/barter partner name.
  3. Enter the correct date and amount.
  4. Click on the Payment method drop-down to select the Add new option.
  5. In the Name field enter Barter and then hit Save.
  6. From the Deposit to drop-down, pick the barter bank account.
  7. Click on Save and close.

Then, enter the bill and pay it to efficiently track the transaction. For detailed steps, follow the instructions in this link and proceed directly to Step 3.

Tthe article is used by customers from the US but is also applicable in your region.

Let me know if you have any clarifications or other concerns. I’m here anytime to help. Have a great rest of your day.