CA Form De9 and DE9c - is HSA more than 2% shareholder added in Line C and Line F of Form De9 ?

Clarification on - CA Form De9 and DE9c

is HSA more than 2% shareholder added to Line C (Total Subject wages paid) 

and Line F ( State Disability Insurance Total employee wages ) of Form De9

Is Scorp Health added to Line C and F on the Form De9 as well?

On Form De9c is HI and HSa for more than 2% shareholder added to Line F (Total Subject Wages ) 

I am aware of PIT wages I know HSa and HI Scorp is added to PIT wages . 

The confusion on my part is coming from the Information Sheet DE 231TP States HSA is Subject to UI , ETT, Sdi and PIT ) . 

and 

Information sheet DE 231EB states HSa is Subject to UI, ETT, SDI and PIT  

BUT for Scorp Health it states not subject to UI/ETT, SDI, but subject to PIT . 

Answer

Hi there, bv ,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community for assistance.

I appreciate you providing detailed information. To get started, can you please provide additional details about the HI you’re referring to? This is for me to provide the best resolution for you.

As for your question, based on the California Information Sheet, the HSA is subject to SDI and other two taxes in which the 2% HSA Scorp amounts will be added to taxable wages and will be accordingly reported in lines C and F of your DE9.

Also, during tax filing, the shareholder's HSA Scorp information is automatically calculated and populated on the DE 9 form. You can compare the data reflected on the form by generating Payroll Tax and Wage Summary report.

To have a better view on how it is being calculated, here’s a great resource that you can check: Quarterly Contribution Return and Report of Wages (DE9 page 2).

Additionally, you can also contact your tax preparer or the California State Tax Agency. They’ll be able to share further information with you about how HSA Scorp amounts are tracked and reported into your tax forms.

For future reference, you may find below articles helpful:

Moreover, you can also reach out to our Customer Care Support team. This is to check and verify the data into your account that affects CA Form De9 and De9c.

To contact us, here’s how:

1. Sign in to your QuickBooks Online company account.
  2. Click Help icon on the top right.
  3. Click Contact Us at the bottom.

If there’s anything else you need help with, please let me know. I’m always here to further assist.

Was this answer helpful? Yes No
Default user avatars original
Employee SuperUser

No answers have been posted

More Actions

People come to QuickBooks Learn & Support for help and answers—we want to let them know that we're here to listen and share our knowledge. We do that with the style and format of our responses. Here are five guidelines:

1. Keep it conversational. When answering questions, write like you speak. Imagine you're explaining something to a trusted friend, using simple, everyday language. Avoid jargon and technical terms when possible. When no other word will do, explain technical terms in plain English.
  2. Be clear and state the answer right up front. Ask yourself what specific information the person really needs and then provide it. Stick to the topic and avoid unnecessary details. Break information down into a numbered or bulleted list and highlight the most important details in bold.
  3. Be concise. Aim for no more than two short sentences in a paragraph, and try to keep paragraphs to two lines. A wall of text can look intimidating and many won't read it, so break it up. It's okay to link to other resources for more details, but avoid giving answers that contain little more than a link.
  4. Be a good listener. When people post very general questions, take a second to try to understand what they're really looking for. Then, provide a response that guides them to the best possible outcome.
  5. Be encouraging and positive. Look for ways to eliminate uncertainty by anticipating people's concerns. Make it apparent that we really like helping them achieve positive outcomes.

Select a file to attach:

Qb community
Looking for advice from other business owners?

Visit our QuickBooks Community site.