cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Everything you need to know about banking in QuickBooks Online - Discover more
scarrott
Level 2

How can I quickly change customer details when invoicing?

When putting together an invoice, we often need to tweak customers details such as address, contact name or contact email address. In Quickbooks Desktop there was a button you could press to quickly edit the customers details. I can't see anything similar in Online. As far as I can tell, the only way to edit the customers details is to save the invoice you are working on, close the invoice, go to customers, search for the customer, click customer details, click edit, make the changes, save, go back to invoices, search for the relevant invoice and then open it and continue working. This seems like a lot of awkward extra steps.

Is there any reason there can't be a 'edit customer details' button from within the invoice, like there was in Desktop?
4 REPLIES 4
GeorgiaC
QuickBooks Team

Hey scarrott,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the QuickBooks Online Community!

Currently there is no way to edit the customers details directly when entering the invoice, if you need to update the details without moving away from the invoice you can right click and duplicate the internet tab you are working on, press Ctrl + Alt + C to bring up the customer list, then filter the customer in the search bar and edit. 

If you would like to leave a feature request for this please leave feedback within your account by going to the Gear icon > Feedback :) 

scarrott
Level 2

Shame. I'll add this to my ever growing list of 'things you could do easily in Desktop, but can't do at all in online.'

Rustler
Level 15

@scarrott wrote:

Shame. I'll add this to my ever growing list of 'things you could do easily in Desktop, but can't do at all in online.'

Some help for your list

a non partisan comparison of QBO vs QB desktop
http://onsale-apparel.com/Rustler/qbo-or-qbdt
(cost comparisons are at the end of the article)

scarrott
Level 2

Pretty thorough list. A few things he's missed though, like how QBO will allow you to import a custom style for invoices and estimates, but inexplicably, not sales receipts. Meaning there is forced inconsistency between your forms.

Need to get in touch?

Contact us