cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
paulhubert
Level 1

I am using quickstart version. I want to enter recurring expenses which account for 75% of expenses. How do I do that? It does not seem to be an upgrade feature.

1 Comment 1
AddieC
QuickBooks Team

I am using quickstart version. I want to enter recurring expenses which account for 75% of expenses. How do I do that? It does not seem to be an upgrade feature.

Hi there, 

Incorporating recurring transactions into your bookkeeping routine is a great way to save you time and keep business running smoothly. You'll never forget to record expenses that become routine, because the system will take care of that for you! 

Recurring transactions are available in QuickBooks Online Essentials and Plus. It sounds like you may be using the QuickBooks EasyStart version. If that's the case, and you'd like to gain access to this feature, you can upgrade your account to Essentials or Plus.

To upgrade, follow these simple steps: 

1. Select the Gear icon ⚙ and select Account and Settings.

2. Select the Billing & Subscription menu.

3. In the QuickBooks Online section, choose the plan you want and select Upgrade.

4. Confirm your payment information and select Save.

Once you gain access to QuickBooks Essentials or Plus, you can begin creating recurring transactions. You can do this for any transaction except bill payments, customer payments, and time activities.

Here's an article that will guide you through the process of setting up a recurring expense: Create templates for recurring transactions. If you look at the bottom of the page, you'll also see a list of related articles that may also come in handy moving forward.

If you have any other questions about recurring transactions, please let me know. 

Have a great day!

Need to get in touch?

Contact us