cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Everything you need to know about banking in QuickBooks Online - Discover more
communityoil
Level 5

How can I avoid invoice printing to 2 pages when there are 2 items (1 item will print OK)

I have tried everything shot at me by respondents: Page bottom and top margins are already set to min 0.5"; page size is set to A4 on printer; Fit to page is selected; Adobe Reader has been updated;  Been advised to contact Technical Support.  Much time spent on solutions churned out automatically which were clearly not going to work.  (Footer note also appears on both pages) Please please advise.
3 REPLIES 3
JonpriL

How can I avoid invoice printing to 2 pages when there are 2 items (1 item will print OK)

Hello @communityoil,

I know how challenging this is for you. This time, let's perform some troubleshooting steps to fix the issue when printing your invoices.

First off, some printing issues may have been caused by the PDF Reader tool you've installed. Now, to check if this isn't the issue, let's open and print a sample PDF file within the browser you are using to access QuickBooks.

However, if you can't successfully print it, let's fix your printer plug-in. Let me show you how:

1. Go to Start.
  2. Select All Programs.
  3. Choose Adobe Reader.
  4. Hit Edit and then, Preferences.
  5. Under Categories, select Internet.
  6. Select to uncheck the Display PDF in browser option.
  7. Hit OK.

Once done, you'll have to close your browser and restart your computer. After doing so, you can log back into your account and print your invoices.

In addition, here's an article you read to learn more about how you can resolve PDF printing issues: Test Sequence for PDF Printing Issues.

Lastly, I'll be also including an article that'll help you handle your future tasks about printing your invoices: Fix QuickBooks Online Printing Issues on Browsers for Windows.

If there's anything else that I can help you with, please let me know in the comment section down below. I'll be always around ready to help.

communityoil
Level 5

JonpriL,

Thanks for your advice.  I've printed a pdf from my browser and that was successful.  For good measure I've also followed your instructions to uncheck the setting "Display pdf in Read mode".  However, invoice still appears on 2 pages when there are 2 items on the invoice.  Looking back at copies of emailed invoices which are sent to my PC  I see that these also go into 2 pages as soon as the invoice contains 2 items and the footnote again appears on both pages.  Something wrong here and this does seem to be a recurring theme on threads that I have seen.  What do I do?  Please advise since this does not seem very professional either on Intuit's part on my company sending out strange -looking invoices.

GeorgiaC
QuickBooks Team

Hey communityoil,

Can you check the columns/widths setting on the invoice template by going to the Gear icon > Custom Form Styles > Edit > Table > Edit Labels and Widths.

Here you can toggle the width of the columns, if the description is not wide enough this can cause the invoice to display over multiple lines. You can also choose to remove columns from the invoice which will give more space for description to be displayed. 

Thanks

Need to get in touch?

Contact us