cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Everything you need to know about banking in QuickBooks Online - Discover more
Liannee
Level 1

Company name QBONewCompany. How do I change it?

Hiya all, As described in the heading, I've recently subscribed to QB self employed, but my invoices from QB are to QBONewCompany. This obviously isn't my business name and I don't recall being asked for this information when setting up the account. It's really annoying me, but I've been looking around my online account and can't work out how to update this information. My tax and customer invoice information shows the correct name, it's just correspondence to me from QB. Does anyone know how to correct this please? TIA
3 REPLIES 3
TaliaI
QuickBooks Team

Hello,

Could you please go to to Invoices > Create invoice and select Edit work info at the bottom? You should be able to edit your company name within there.

Thanks,

Talia

Liannee
Level 1

Hello Talia, Thank you for responding to my issue. However, I don't think that you quite understand my question. As I mentioned in my original post, I have already updated the business name in both the invoice and tax sections of my account, but unfortunately any bills generated by QB to myself are addressed to QBONewCustomer. I updated my business name in the invoice and tax sections over 6 weeks ago, so plenty of time has passed for this information to show in correspondence from QB.
FritzF

Thanks for getting back to us, Liannee.

Are you referring to the invoices for your QuickBooks Self-Employed (QBSE) subscription? If so, I highly recommend contacting our QBSE Support team. They have the tools that can access your account in a safe environment and further check why it's still showing a different name even after changing it on your account.

Refer to this article for the detailed steps on how to reach them: Contact QuickBooks Self-Employed Support.

Please let me know in the comment section if you have any other issues or concerns. I'll be here to help. Have a great rest of the day!

Need to get in touch?

Contact us