cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Chris McNelly
Level 1

Add automatic subtotal of billable hours on the invoice

We are using QuickBooks Enterprise 19.0 (QBE). We use TSheets to track billable hours. Employees track billable hours by entering their time in TSheets and selecting a service item and job to assign the appropriate billing rate to the customer. The hours are imported into QBE and used to create invoices. The invoice template is set up to group time by service item. When an invoice is created, all billable expenses are automatically added to the invoice and grouped together with a subtotal. All billable time is added to the invoice; however, we cannot figure out how to automatically add a subtotal to the time, similar to expenses. We know how to manually add a subtotal line to subtotal the billable time on each invoice individually, but this is tedious and time-consuming as you have to manually do this for every single invoice every time.

QUESTION: Is there a way to set up the invoice template to automatically add a subtotal line of all the billable time when we batch create invoices?

Example Invoice

Item

Description

Hrs/Qty

Rate

Amount

John Smith

Consultant

Jane Doe

Consultant

Services Subtotal

Expenses

Expense 1

Expense 2

Expenses Subtotal

Subtotal

GST

TOTAL DUE

1 Comment 1
JamesM
QuickBooks Team

Add automatic subtotal of billable hours on the invoice

Hi Chris,

Thanks for posting in the Community. I'll be happy to share more info about invoice templates in QuickBooks. 

At this time, there isn't a template/feature which automatically adds a subtotal line of all the billable time when you batch create invoices. You would have to manually enter in all the info for now. I know how important this feature is to you and your business. I encourage you to send feedback about this to our product developers. To do this, click the Help menu and looks for Send Feedback Online. New product ideas are hugely based on the valuable feedback we receive from users like you. 

Let me know if you have questions. 

Need to get in touch?

Contact us