cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Corrine
Level 1

How do you get Quickbooks to generate a CPA STD005/CPA/STD5 format file in order to do direct deposit with an external banking system for payroll?

We are not using the QuickBooks Telpay method of direct deposit but our own external banking service to do payroll direct deposit so we don't have to manually enter info.  In order to do this we need QuickBooks to generate a CPA STD005 format file.  How do we generate that file?

2 Comments 2
Alessandra_B
QuickBooks Team

How do you get Quickbooks to generate a CPA STD005/CPA/STD5 format file in order to do direct deposit with an external banking system for payroll?

Hey @Corrine,

Currently, there’s no option to generate the CPA STD005 file format in QuickBooks.

You’ll need to manually fill up the information for your direct deposit using an external banking service. Or you may look for a third-party application that can produce a CPA STD005 file format. 

Once you have the application, you can contact their support to help you integrate it with QuickBooks. 

Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns. I'll only be a post away.

Rochelley
Level 8

Hello @Corrine ,

I noticed you said you didn't use the Quickbooks Telpay method but rather an external banking service so you don't have to manually enter info.  Are you under the impression that you do have to manually enter info when using Telpay, or are you saying that you don't do payroll at all inside of Quickbooks and are using an external payroll service?  In any case, doing payroll in QB and linking up with Telpay for Direct Deposit is very painless, once it's set-up.  Telpay automatically imports your payrolls into it's software, and you click a few buttons and it's done.  Telpay will have been set up as a bill payee in your online banking and you simply go in and pay a bill to Telpay in the net amount of your payroll two days before your employees are to be paid.

I believe it's around $200 to get set-up with Telpay, but thereafter the monthly fees for using it are very low; much lower than what our bank used to charge us and much lower than what I have paid in the past for external payroll services, i.e. Ceridian, etc.  I highly recommend using Telpay with QB Desktop.

Need to get in touch?

Contact us